Overall Position Purpose
This position exists to ensure strategic-level leadership for established Board approved strategies, policies and operational procedures for the Assessment Division which includes three departments (Testing, Psychometric Services, Cardiovascular Imaging); act as staff executive for Inteleos Councils, accountable to division staff, determine and execute the activities necessary to achieve the goals of the Division and Councils; and serve as a member of the Inteleos Executive Team while working closely with the other Executives, CEO/Executive Director and governance leaderships.
• Assume the maximum level of decision making authority and associated risk for the activities of
Inteleos Council’s and the Assessment Division departments;
• Accountable to be a productive and contributing member of the Inteleos Executive Team for the benefit
of the organization through documented executive competencies, strategic direction and cultural
• Responsible for Council and Division success through strategic leadership, management best practices
and organizational policies and procedures;
• Oversee the governance practices and management of Councils and related assessments, division staff,
Council and Assessment programs, assessment prerequisites, workflows, compliance and projects to
assure timely and accurate roll-out of governance documents, processes and programs utilizing
collaborative and consensus-building management techniques to lead the Council’s, Division and cross-
• Assure appropriate staff and skills are in place and maintained that will allow successful execution of
• Monitor the daily activities of the department managers assuring assigned staff are receiving training,
professional development, mentorship, and performance evaluation to maximize potential and
investment, and create a team-oriented environment;
• Assume the primary responsibility in the forecasting, determining, setting and monitoring of Council’s
and departmental budget allocations required to meet organizational strategic objectives, strict
adherence to the Board approved budget and financial policies, and monitoring financial trends to
allow for strategic adjustments to assure maximum ROI for governance and staff activities;
• Provide guidance and accountability to appropriate Standing Committee’s and/or Staff Committee’s to
assure their effectiveness and success;
• Oversee the development, implementation and maintenance of policies and procedures for the
Council’s and Assessment departments as required by ANSI for organizational accreditation; and
• Maintain familiarity of Inteleos staff policies and the functions of each Inteleos department and work as
a positive role model and mentor/coach for all staff;
• Graduate degree in business, measurement, education or related field;
• Experience in testing/assessments or related field;
• Minimum of ten years of experience working in a departmental function; and
• Minimum of five years of experience as an executive or management role;
• Certified Association Executive (CAE) certification preferred
Required Qualifications/ Skills
• Practical experience in non-profit governance and volunteer/subject matter experts measurement
• Comprehensive knowledge of business and people management principles, theories and concepts in the
work field, strategic planning, and resource allocation/ modeling/leadership techniques
• Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with people from all levels of the organization as well as
• High degree of reliability and integrity
• Proficiencies in testing/assessment development, delivery and maintenance
• Capable of analyzing problems rigorously and from all angles, showing sound practical judgment
• Ability to think strategically and execute growth strategies
• Consistent attention to detail and follow-through skills
• Superior project management, interpersonal and organizational governance skills
• Demonstrable superior verbal, written and collaborative skills to fulfill executive level communication
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to maintain positive attitude under stressful conditions and work towards building and
maintaining a positive culture in department and organization as a whole
• Proficiency with budgeting
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Accountable – taking ownership of your work and delivers results. Being responsible for your actions.
• Collegial – being helpful, respectful, approachable and team oriented. Building strong working
relationships and a positive work environment. Consider the thought and opinions of others.
• Ethical/Integrity -employee is honest and trustworthy when working with colleagues, volunteers, and
other stakeholders. Lead by example.
• Committed to:
o Creating the global standard of excellence in healthcare and patient safety
o Excellence – Strive to excel in everything you do
o Quality – Taking the initiative, extra time, care and vigilance to get the job done right
o Continuous Learning
• Have a Positive “Can-do” Attitude- being ready, available and willing to get the job done and done well
• Subject only to minimal review.
• Responsible for contributing to the overall strategic direction of Inteleos to reflect the mission as
established by the Board of Directors.
• Makes decisions that have the maximum effect on the success or failure of Inteleos to meet its overall
• Serves as the final authority for the Association regarding their functional area.
The incumbent will work at a desk in the corporate office. Evening and weekend work, and travel will be required. There are minimal requirements to lift or move equipment.
This description is intended to provide an overview of the responsibilities of the position. It is not all-inclusive and an incumbent in the position will be expected to perform other duties as required. The responsibilities may change over time. This description is provided for informational purposes only and does not form the basis of a contract.