Overall Position Purpose:
This position exists to ensure strategic-level leadership for the Finance Division; oversee the activities of division staff, determine and execute the activities necessary to achieve the goals of the Finance Division; and serve as a member of the Inteleos Executive Team while working closely with the other Executives, CEO/Executive Director and governance leaderships. In addition, this position will serve as the staff liaison to the Finance and Audit Committee.
• Assume the maximum level of decision-making authority and associated risk for the activities of the
• Accountable to be a productive and contributing member of the Inteleos Executive Team for the benefit
of the organization through documented executive competencies, strategic direction and cultural
• Responsible for division success through strategic leadership, management best practices and
organizational policies and procedures;
• Accountable for strategic financial leadership, financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, revenue
planning, cost management and accounting, risk management, internal controls, and internal and
governance financial statement analysis;
• Working with the Inteleos investment management firm to ensure organizational investment policies
and objectives are met and current;
• Liaison to the Finance and Audit Committee (FAC);
• Accountable for annual budget preparation and assure FAC review for Board approval;
• Working with the Director of Enterprise Risk Management, provide contract administration and
• Assist in aligning resources with key business objectives;
• Work with CEO/Executive Director and COO to develop long range financial strategy and regular key
• Oversee and enforce Financial and Accounting policies and practices;
• Oversee the management of division staff, programs, workflows, and projects to assure timely and
accurate roll-out of processes and programs utilizing collaborative and consensus-building
management techniques to lead division and cross-departmental projects;
• Monitor the activities of the division manager(s) assuring assigned staff are receiving training,
professional development, mentorship, and performance evaluation to maximize potential and
investment, and create a team-oriented environment;
• Work collaboratively with the Chief Business Development Officer and the Business Development
Division to investigate new business and global expansion opportunities. Provide financial analysis for
revenue and development costs along with identifying risks and rewards in the dynamic global markets
Inteleos is pursuing;
• Assume the primary responsibility in the forecasting, determining, setting and monitoring
divisional/departmental budget allocations required to meet organizational strategic objectives, strict
adherence to the Board approved budget and financial policies, and monitoring financial trends to
allow for strategic adjustments to assure maximum ROI;
• Assist in the preparation of division/department budgets and monitoring to ensure budget allocations
required meet organizational strategic objectives, and are in strict adherence to the Board approved
budget and financial policies;
• Ensure compliance with all federal, state, local and international tax regulations and reporting;
• Provide guidance, coaching and accountability to Standing Committees and/or Staff Committees to
assure effectiveness for Committee(s) success;
• Oversee the development, implementation and maintenance of policies and procedures for the Finance
Division as required by ANSI-ISO accreditation for organizational accreditation; and
• Maintain familiarity of Inteleos staff policies and the functions of each Inteleos department and work as
a positive role model and mentor/coach for all staff.
• Graduate Degree, Certification or equivalent in a related field;
• Minimum of ten years of experience working in departmental function;
• Minimum of five years of experience in a financial or accounting management role; and
• MBA with finance concentration and CFA or CPA preferred.
Required Qualifications/ Skills
• Comprehensive knowledge of business and people management principles, theories and concepts in the
work field, strategic planning, and resource allocation/ modeling/leadership techniques;
• Demonstrated capability of verbal and written communications concerning financial and accounting
content to a variety of audiences;
• Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with people from all levels of the organization as well as
• High degree of reliability and integrity;
• Capable of analyzing problems rigorously and from all angles, showing sound practical judgment;
• Ability to think strategically and execute growth strategies;
• Consistent attention to detail and follow-through skills;
• Superior project management, interpersonal and organizational skills;
• Demonstrable superior verbal, written and collaborative skills to fulfill executive-level communication
• Ability to work in a team environment;
• Ability to maintain positive attitude under stressful conditions and work towards building and
maintaining a positive culture in division and organization as a whole;
• Proficiency with budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis;
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Accountable – taking ownership of your work and delivers results. Being responsible for your actions.
• Collegial – being helpful, respectful, approachable and team oriented. Building strong working
relationships and a positive work environment. Consider the thought and opinions of others.
• Ethical/Integrity -employee is honest and trustworthy when working with colleagues, volunteers, and
other stakeholders. Lead by example.
• Committed to:
o Creating the global standard of excellence in healthcare and patient safety
o Excellence – Strive to excel in everything you do
o Quality – Taking the initiative, extra time, care and vigilance to get the job done right
o Continuous Learning
• Have a Positive “Can-do” Attitude- being ready, available and willing to get the job done and done well
• Subject only to minimal review.
• Responsible for contributing to the overall strategic direction of Inteleos to reflect the mission as
established by the Board of Directors.
• Makes decisions that have the maximum effect on the success or failure of Inteleos to meet its overall
• Serves as the final authority for the organization regarding their functional area.
The incumbent will work at a desk in an office environment either in the corporate office or in an approved remote setting. Evening and weekend work, and travel will be required. There are minimal requirements to lift or move equipment.
This description is intended to provide an overview of the responsibilities of the position. It is not all-inclusive and an incumbent in the position will be expected to perform other duties as required. The responsibilities may change over time. This description is provided for informational purposes only and does not form the basis of a contract.