Overall Position Purpose:
This position exists to provide strategic-level leadership for programs and projects in the Certificate Assessment Department; ensure appropriate policies and operational procedures for the Certificate Assessment Department; oversee the activities of departmental staff; determine and execute the activities necessary to achieve the goals of the Certificate Assessment Department; and serve as a member of Inteleos Management teams while working closely with Inteleos executives, other management, general staff, vendors and relevant subject matter experts.
• Accountable to be a productive and contributing member of Inteleos Management teams for the benefit
of the organization through executive performance and cultural awareness;
• Pursue certificate assessment growth opportunities in close collaboration with the Division of Business
Development through partnerships, clinical market penetration and global geographic distributions;
• Develop and execute business models to meld clinical educational content with cognitive assessments
for proficiency measurement;
• Align the Certificate Assessment Department with cognitive psychometrics and educational-based
learning and performance measurements;
• Maintain awareness and ongoing curiosity about learning and assessment theories; technologies; and
cutting-edge tools and methodologies;
• Responsible for departmental success through timely and accurate roll-out of processes and programs;
ongoing management practices; organizational policies and procedures; and interdepartmental team-
building as necessary;
• Assume the maximum level of decision making-authority and associated risk for the activities of the
Certificate Assessment Department;
• Oversee the management of department staff, programs, workflows, and projects in appropriate areas,
including test development, test maintenance, content development, customer support, and volunteer
support for subject matter experts at all levels, including Councils, Committees, Task Forces and
• Work closely with the Sonoworld educational website, or other like portals, to leverage existing
educational content to build educational, training and certification programs that meet organizational
• Monitor the daily activities of the department project managers, leads and staff assuring assigned staff
are receiving training, professional development, mentorship, and performance evaluation to maximize
potential and investment, and create a team-oriented environment;
• Assume the primary responsibility in the forecasting, determining, setting and monitoring departmental
budget allocations required to meet organizational strategic objectives while maintaining a strict
adherence to the Board-approved budget and financial policies, and monitoring financial trends to
allow for strategic adjustments to assure maximum ROI;
• Provide guidance and accountability to Councils, Standing Committees and/or Staff Committees to
assure effectiveness and accomplishment of tasks or charges;
• Assure department meets ongoing requirements for best practices in exam development, volunteer
management, certificate assessments, and educational development. Where appropriate, ensure
compliance with organizational ANSI-ISO 17024 accreditation standards through existing and evolving
policies and procedures;
• Maintain familiarity of Inteleos staff policies and the functions of each Inteleos department and serve as
a positive role model and mentor/coach for all staff and external parties.
• Master’s Degree or Equivalent, in Education, Education Administration or Business;
• Minimum of five years of experience in direct supervision and leading a department with multiple staff;
• Minimum of three years of experience in progressive program management in certificate or high-stakes
testing arenas; and
• Minimum of three years of experience in educational development in multiple formats, including
technology-enhanced educational development.
Required Qualifications/ Skills
• Extensive knowledge developing, implementing and maintaining educational programs using industry
standard learning design theory including e-learning.
• Comprehensive knowledge and experience in the business of assessments
• Comprehensive knowledge and experience implementing enterprise use of Learning Management
• Comprehensive knowledge of research and development practices, models, and best practices
• Comprehensive knowledge of business and people management principles, theories and concepts in the
work field, strategic planning, and resource allocation/modeling/leadership techniques
• Working knowledge of psychometrics and cognitive measurement
• Demonstrated ability to use collaborative and consensus-building management techniques to lead
departmental staff, cross-departmental projects, vendors, and subject matter experts in remote and in-
• Superior project management, interpersonal, organizational, and customer service skills
• Capable of analyzing problems rigorously and from all angles, showing sound practical judgment
• Ability to think strategically and tactically, to both provide strategic guidance and execute growth
strategies and projects
• Consistent attention to detail and follow-through skills
• Demonstrable superior verbal, written and collaborative skills to correspond with multiple audiences,
including executives, Boards/Councils, external contacts and staff teams
• Ability to maintain positive attitude under stressful conditions and work towards building and
maintaining a positive multi-cultural environment throughout the organization
• Proficiency with budgeting and financial management
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and ability work in other software environments
including learning design tools.
• Accountable – taking ownership of your work and delivers results. Being responsible for your actions.
• Collegial – being helpful, respectful, approachable and team oriented. Building strong working
relationships and a positive work environment. Consider the thoughts and opinions of others.
• Ethical/Integrity– employee is honest and trustworthy when working with colleagues, volunteers, and
other stakeholders. Lead by example.
• Committed to:
o Creating the global standard of excellence in healthcare and patient safety
o Excellence – Strive to excel in everything you do.
o Quality – Taking the initiative, extra time, care and vigilance to get the job done right.
o Continuous Learning
• Have a Positive “Can-do” Attitude-being ready, available and willing to get the job done and done well.
• Works under executive guidance, with considerable latitude in determining work objectives.
• Engages in and monitors decision-making process or problem solving on complex issues, often in
ambiguous contexts, that typically require new and creative solutions. Demonstrates high level of
• Contributes to the development of overall strategic objectives of Inteleos.
The incumbent will work at a desk in an office environment either in the corporate office or in an approved remote setting. Evening and weekend work, and travel will be required, possibly international. There are minimal requirements to lift or move equipment.
This description is intended to provide an overview of the responsibilities of the position. It is not all-inclusive and an incumbent in the position will be expected to perform other duties as required. The responsibilities may change over time. This description is provided for informational purposes only and does not form the basis of a contract.