Overall Position Purpose:
This position exists to ensure strategic-level leadership for established Board/Council approved strategies, policies and operational procedures in the Marketing & Communications Department; oversees the activities of marketing and communication staff, determine and execute the activities necessary to achieve the goals of the Marketing and Communications Department; and serves as a member of the Inteleos Management and Senior Leadership teams while working closely with Division Chiefs, Council Leadership and the Board of Directors.
• Accountable to be a productive and contributing member of the Management and Senior Leadership teams
for the benefit of the organization through executive performance and cultural awareness;
• Responsible for departmental success through management practices and organizational policies and
• Assume the maximum level of decision making-authority and associated risk for the activities of the
Marketing and Communications Department;
• Oversee the management of department staff, programs, workflows, and projects to assure timely and
accurate roll-out of processes and programs utilizing collaborative and consensus-building management
techniques to lead departmental and cross-departmental projects;
• Assure assigned staff are receiving training, professional development, mentorship, and performance
evaluation to maximize potential and investment, and create a team-oriented environment;
• Direct all areas of marketing, digital marketing, customer experience, market research, exhibits, promotions,
web and electronic services;
• Direct all marketing efforts and management of the external sales company for the for-profit division;
• Determine, forecast, set and monitor departmental budget allocations required to meet organizational
strategic objectives, strict adherence to the Board approved budget and financial policies, and monitoring
financial trends to allow for strategic adjustments to assure maximum ROI;
• Provides guidance and accountability to Councils, Standing Committees and/or Staff Committees to assure
effectiveness and success;
• Oversee the development and maintenance of processes/procedures for the Marketing and Communications
Department as required for ANSI organizational accreditation; and
• Maintain familiarity of Inteleos staff policies and the functions of each Inteleos department and work as a
positive role model and mentor/coach for staff.
• Bachelor’s Degree, Certification or equivalent experience in a related field;
• Minimum of 10 years working in a marketing/communication department
• Minimum of five years of experience in a management/mentorship role.
• Background and understanding of the healthcare market and practitioners preferred.
• Background and understanding of global marketing programs preferred.
• Comprehensive knowledge of business and management principles in strategic planning, and resource
allocation/ modeling/leadership techniques.
• Comprehensive knowledge of marketing and communications.
• Comprehensive skills required to cultivate a superior staff team and foster a culture that emphasizes
quality, continuous improvement, employee retention and development, and high performance.
• Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with people from all levels of the organization as well as external
• Ability to think strategically and execute growth strategies.
• Consistent attention to detail and follow-through skills.
• Superior project management skills.
• Superior interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Superior verbal and written communication skills to fulfill executive-level correspondence.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to maintain positive attitude under stressful conditions.
• Proficiency with budgeting.
• Commitment to ongoing personal development.
• Knowledge of global market plan development, marketing automation, user experience protocols and data
analytics a plus.
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office 365.
• Accountable – taking ownership of your work and delivers results. Being responsible for your actions.
• Collegial – being helpful, respectful, approachable and team oriented. Building strong working
relationships and a positive work environment. Consider the thoughts and opinions of others.
• Ethical/Integrity– employee is honest and trustworthy when working with colleagues, volunteers, and other
stakeholders. Lead by example.
• Committed to:
o Creating the global standard of excellence in healthcare and patient safety
o Excellence – Strive to excel in everything you do.
o Quality – Taking the initiative, extra time, care and vigilance to get the job done right.
o Continuous Learning
• Have a Positive “Can-do” Attitude-being ready, available and willing to get the job done and done well.
• Works under executive guidance, with considerable latitude in determining work objectives.
• Develops advanced methods using complex analytical tools or procedures to ensure efficient operations
and effective utilization of resources.
• Engages in and monitors decision-making process or problem solving on complex issues, often in
ambiguous contexts, that typically require new and creative solutions.
• Demonstrates a high level of independent leadership.
• Contributes to the development of the overall organizational strategic objectives.
The incumbent will work at a desk in an office environment. Travel and evening and weekend work will be required. There are minimal requirements to lift or move equipment.
This description is intended to provide an overview of the responsibilities of the position. It is not all-inclusive and an incumbent in the position will be expected to perform other duties as required. The responsibilities may change over time. This description is provided for informational purposes only and does not form the basis of a contract.