Overall Position Purpose:
This position exists to ensure strategic-level leadership for established organizational approved strategies, policies and operational procedures of the Testing Department; oversee the activities of departmental staff, determine and execute the activities necessary to achieve the goals of the Testing Department; and serve as a member of Inteleos Management Teams while working closely with other Department Executives, CEO, COO, and Council Leadership.
• Accountable to be a productive and contributing member of Inteleos Management teams for the benefit of
the organization through executive performance and cultural awareness;
• Responsible for departmental success through management practices and organizational policies and
• Assume the maximum level of decision making-authority and associated risk for the activities of the Testing
• Oversee the management of department staff, programs, workflows, and projects in the areas of test
development, test maintenance, content development, and provide support to subject matter experts at
Council levels, Assessment Oversight Teams and Working Groups;
• Assure timely and accurate roll-out of processes and programs;
• Monitor the daily activities of the department managers and leads assuring assigned staff are receiving
training, professional development, mentorship, and performance evaluation to maximize potential and
investment, and create a team-oriented environment;
• Assume the primary responsibility in the forecasting, determining, setting and monitoring departmental
budget allocations required to meet organizational strategic objectives, strict adherence to the Board
approved budget and financial policies, and monitoring financial trends to allow for strategic adjustments to
assure maximum ROI;
• Provides guidance and accountability to Councils, Standing Committees and/or Staff Committees to assure
effectiveness Committee(s) success;
• Assures department meets ongoing requirements to comply with ANSI-ISO 17024 accreditation standards
through existing and evolving policies and procedures;
• Maintain familiarity of Inteleos staff policies and the functions of each Inteleos department and works as a
positive role model and mentor/coach for all staff.
• Bachelor’s Degree, Certification or equivalent in related field of work, Graduate degree preferred
• Minimum of ten years of experience working in departmental function; and
• Minimum of five years of experience in a management role
Required Qualifications/ Skills
• Comprehensive knowledge of test development and maintenance models and best practices
• Comprehensive knowledge of business and people management principles, theories and concepts in the
work field, strategic planning, and resource allocation/ modeling/leadership techniques
• Demonstrated ability to use collaborative and consensus-building management techniques to lead
departmental staff, cross-departmental projects, vendors, and subject matter experts
• Superior project management, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with people from all levels of the organization as well as external
• Capable of analyzing problems rigorously and from all angles, showing sound practical judgment
• Ability to think strategically and execute growth strategies and projects
• Consistent attention to detail and follow-through skills
• Demonstrable superior verbal, written and collaborative skills to fulfill executive-level
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to maintain positive attitude under stressful conditions and work towards building and maintaining a
positive culture in department and organization
• Proficiency with budgeting
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and ability work in software environments
• Works under executive guidance, with considerable latitude in determining work objectives.
• Develops advanced methods using complex analytical tools or procedures to ensure efficient operations and
effective utilization of resources.
• Engages in and monitors decision-making process or problem solving on complex issues, often in ambiguous
contexts, that typically require new and creative solutions. Demonstrates high level of independent
• Contributes to the development of overall strategic objectives of Inteleos.
The incumbent will work at a desk in an office environment either in the corporate office or in an approved remote setting. Evening and weekend work, and travel will be required. There are minimal requirements to lift or move equipment.
This description is intended to provide an overview of the responsibilities of the position. It is not all-inclusive and an incumbent in the position will be expected to perform other duties as required. The responsibilities may change over time. This description is provided for informational purposes only and does not form the basis of a contract.