Overall Position Purpose
This position exists to ensure that the examinations published by Inteleos meet the highest standards of excellence. This position will provide comprehensive oversight of the entire exam process for multiple exams, allowing better strategic planning and quality assurance for each of our exams overseen by the Manager, Test Development.
• Lead exam development for multiple exams;
• Develop and successfully execute long-term strategic project plans for specified exams; these plans must
include exam roll-out schedules, Job Task Analysis, Standard Setting, Practice Exams, writing projects,
editing needs, item review workshops, volunteer trainings, calibration of results, and all other components
of building and publishing exams;
• Work with vendors, testing staff, and volunteers to ensure that each exam meets content outline and style
• Anticipate item and test development needs and build multi-year plans to meet those needs;
• Coordinate efforts concerning the exam across the organization;
• Work with testing staff to ensure there is a seamless flow between item development, form building,
quality control checks, content review, final form review, form publishing, and data analysis;
• Communicate consistently with key staff and volunteers by sharing updates, opportunities and anticipated
challenges; this includes monthly calls with EDTF Chairs, compiling an annual report for each exam,
submitting News Source articles, and providing summary information and talking points for meetings and
• Maintain a close relationship with EDTF members and other volunteers;
• Work with Testing Manager to develop budget for exam and stay within that budget;
• Represent Inteleos at events within the specialties of exams for which they are responsible;
• Ensure item banks are meticulously maintained and conform to approved guidelines;
• Stay current with trends and statistics relating to the exams including exam volumes, pass rates,
competition, etc., and initiate organizational action, if necessary;
• Ensure volunteers within assigned specialties receive the support they need;
• Work with testing team and other staff to ensure all Inteleos meetings and events are productive and
engaging for our volunteers;
• Work with EDTF Chairs to develop succession plan recommendations for EDTFs;
• Comply with directions and instructions from Manager or Director and perform tasks and assume
responsibilities as assigned;
• Maintain and follow processes/procedures as required by ANSI for organizational accreditation
• Bachelor’s Degree, Certification or equivalent required in related field, PMP preferred; and
• Minimum of three years of experience in a similar function
Required Qualifications/ Skills
• Proficiency using computers in a MS office environment
• Superior project management skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively, efficiently, and professionally with individuals
at all levels of the organization
• Demonstrated skill in writing concise, logical and grammatically correct letters and reports
• Ability to inspire and motivate staff and volunteers
• Preferred QTI familiarity, will be expected to learn form assembly in QTI
• Skilled at presenting complicated ideas in easily understood manner
• Excellent writing skills
• Good public speaking skills
• Ability to coordinate efforts and work flow with staff members from all levels and departments of the
• Consistent attention to detail
• Strong collaboration skills with ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to maintain positive attitude under stressful conditions
• General knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Accountable – taking ownership of your work and delivers results. Being responsible for your actions.
• Collegial – being helpful, respectful, approachable and team oriented. Building strong working
relationships and a positive work environment. Consider the thoughts and opinions of others.
• Ethical/Integrity– employee is honest and trustworthy when working with colleagues, volunteers, and other
stakeholders. Lead by example.
• Committed to:
o Creating the global standard of excellence in healthcare and patient safety
o Excellence – Strive to excel in everything you do.
o Quality – Taking the initiative, extra time, care and vigilance to get the job done right.
o Continuous Learning
• Have a Positive “Can-do” Attitude-being ready, available and willing to get the job done and done well.
• Works under general supervision with broadly defined work objectives.
• Makes decisions of some complexity regarding work design, projects, etc., which regularly impact the next
organizational layer and may impact an organizational function.
• Work projects and products are subject to management review for content, quality and appropriateness.
• Incumbent generally has no formal supervisory responsibility, though they may provide regular work
direction to other employees.
The incumbent will work at a desk in an office environment or an approved remote location. Evening and weekend work, and travel may be required. There are minimal requirements to lift or move equipment.
This description is intended to provide an overview of the responsibilities of the position. It is not all-inclusive and an incumbent in the position will be expected to perform other duties as required. The responsibilities may change over time. This description is provided for informational purposes only and does not form the basis of a contract.