Overall Position Purpose:
This position exists to provide Inteleos a wide range of executive support skills to the MarCom, Certification & Engagement Division and its role in day-to-day operations, volunteer governance Councils, volunteer task forces, and internal project teams. This position works closely with the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) and Directors within the MarCom, Certification & Engagement Division and requires an extremely high-level of confidentiality, professionalism, demeanor and attention to detail.
• Provide executive level support to CMO and division Directors to assure the executives’ time is
maximized and that day-to-day division operations run efficiently. Such tasks may include but are not
o Provide regular updates and information to the CMO/Directors regarding projects, programs,
efforts and initiatives being managed by the Executive Assistant;
o Remain current on projects and programs of the CMO/Directors and providing proactive assistance
and updates on such;
o Maintain calendars, plan and schedule meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel;
o Assist with divisional meeting preparation, agenda development, minutes and assure action item
o Independently execute, update, and maintain administrative operational policies and procedures,
and standing polices of the MarCom, Certification & Engagement Division;
o Prepare internal and external organizational documents (original document creation, update
existing documents, transcribe, format, input, edit, retrieve, copy, proofread, etc…);
o Research, compile and edit data and information for reports;
o Develop surveys;
o Manipulate and input database data;
o Independently manage and complete projects;
o Participate in divisional staff meetings;
o Represent the division staff by attendance at meetings in the executive's absence, speak for the
executive and report back on meeting content, decisions and action items;
o Facilitate internal meetings and communication (e.g. distribute information and schedule
o Communicate and assist with incoming and outgoing electronic communications on behalf of the
CMO and Division Directors;
• Provide executive level administrative support to the volunteer leadership (Councils, Committees and
Task Forces) that work directly and indirectly with division executives; assist with planning,
preparation, take notes, draft minutes, survey development and participate in related
• Work cohesively with the Inteleos Management Team to ensure executive strategies and objectives are
• Assist divisional staff with special projects or assignments as warranted; and
• Ensure processes/procedures are maintained and followed as required by ANSI for organizational
• Associates Degree or equivalent required in related field; and,
• Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in a high-level administrative support position.
Required Qualifications/ Skills
• Prior experience and functioning within a non-profit organization or association (preferred) dealing
with C-Level executives;
• Advanced skills to self-organize, keep timelines and multi-tasking;
• Advanced Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills;
• Advanced interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills;
• Advanced problem-solving skills to include anticipating alternative solutions and contingency planning; • Advanced information-gathering and information-monitoring skills;
• Advanced skills in writing business correspondence, letters, reports, establishing meeting agendas, and
• Advanced writing, editing and proofreading skills;
• Intermediate knowledge of databases;
• Intermediate skills in electronic survey tools (Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey, etc.);
• Intermediate office technology skills to operate office equipment;
• Entry to intermediate level skills in data analytics and reporting using excel
• Entry level project management capabilities
• Consistent attention to detail, double check all work, with a high-level of professionalism and
• Ability to work and collaborate in a team environment and interact with staff at all levels in a fast-
• Ability to identify creative solutions that address, time, budget and quality;
• Familiarity with governance policies, Roberts Rules of Order, and/or parliamentary procedures; and
• Prior experience working with volunteers, Board of Directors, governance volunteers and committees’ a
• Accountable – taking ownership of your work and delivers results. Being responsible for your actions.
• Collegial – being helpful, respectful, approachable and team oriented. Building strong working
relationships and a positive work environment. Consider the thought and opinions of others.
• Ethical/Integrity -employee is honest and trustworthy when working with colleagues, volunteers, and
other stakeholders. Lead by example.
• Committed to:
o Creating the global standard of excellence in healthcare and patient safety
o Excellence – Strive to excel in everything you do
o Quality – Taking the initiative, extra time, care and vigilance to get the job done right
o Continuous Learning
• Have a Positive “Can-do” Attitude- being ready, available and willing to get the job done and done well
• Works under general guidance, with considerable latitude in determining their work objectives.
• Makes decisions of considerable complexity regarding objectives, work design, execution of tasks,
projects, etc., which can be ambiguous; decisions have medium to short-term impact on an
organizational layer and does impact organizational function.
• Work projects and products are subject to management review for content, quality and appropriateness.
• Incumbent typically has no formal supervisory responsibility or provide regular work direction or
technical oversight to others.
The incumbent will work at a desk in an office environment. Some evening and weekend work and travel will be required. There are minimal requirements to lift or move equipment.
This description is intended to provide an overview of the responsibilities of the position. It is not all-inclusive and an incumbent in the position will be expected to perform other duties as required. The responsibilities may change over time. This description is provided for informational purposes only and does not form the basis of a contract.