Overall Position Purpose
This position exists to provide Inteleos with departmental, organizational, and project management assistance in financial and strategic planning; and the supervision of designated staff in the Finance Division while ensuring goals and projects are executed and rolled out in a timely manner; and serve as a member of the Inteleos Management Team under the guidance of the Chief Financial Officer.
• Coordinate preparation of annual budgets, rolling forecasts, monthly variance explanation process and
financial analyses as required;
• Assume significant responsibility in the forecasting, determining and setting of budget allocations
required to meet departmental and organizational strategic objectives ensuring fiscal responsibility,
strict adherence to the Board approved budget and financial policies, and monitoring financial trends to
allow for strategic adjustments to assure maximum ROI;
• Working closely with the Accounting team, responsible for monthly reporting of financial results of
Inteleos’ smaller companies;
• Help prepare regular and ad-hoc reports to the Finance Committee of the Board of Inteleos;
• Provide support during annual audit;
• Develop cash forecasts and financial projections under CFO guidance;
• Develop and maintain metrics and financial and operational ratios for the organization.
• Research and monitor financial and operational results of comparable organizations; develop and
present results to leadership teams.
• Provide support as needed in the area of contracts review and analysis, financial compliance and risk
• Proactively manage assigned department programs, workflows, and projects to assure timely and
accurate roll-out of processes and programs utilizing collaborative and consensus-building
management techniques to lead departmental and cross-departmental projects;
• Manage assigned staff, their daily activities, training, professional development, mentorship, and
performance evaluation to maximize potential and investment, and create a team-oriented
• Responsible for overseeing the financial assimilation and provide guidance to new companies and
programs started by or entering the organization;
• Develop, implement and maintain Finance division’s policies and procedures as required by ANSI for
organizational accreditation; and
• Maintain familiarity of Inteleos staff policies and the functions of each Inteleos department and works
as a positive role model and mentor/coach for all staff.
• Bachelor’s Degree, Certification or equivalent in a related field;
• Minimum of five years of experience working in departmental function; understanding of managerial
• Minimum of two years of experience in a management role
Required Qualifications/ Skills
• Proficiency with budgeting
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Great Plains, and budget/planning software such as Prophix
• Capable of analyzing problems rigorously and from all angles, showing sound practical judgment
• Superior project management, interpersonal, presentation and organizational skills
• Ability to lead in a team environment, act as role model and coach to all staff
• Ability to learn new systems and train new users on financial reporting software (Prophix); develop and
implement new processes and procedures
• Working knowledge of business and people management principles, theories and concepts in the work
field, strategic planning and resource allocation/modeling/leadership techniques
• Ability to coordinate efforts and work flow with staff members from all levels and departments of the
organization as well as external contacts
• Ability to maintain positive attitude under stressful conditions, and assist in building and maintaining a
positive culture in department and organization as a whole
• Strong analytical, verbal, written and collaborative skills to fulfill management level communication
• Consistent attention to detail and follow-through skills
• Accountable – taking ownership of your work and delivers results. Being responsible for your actions.
• Collegial – being helpful, respectful, approachable and team oriented. Building strong working
relationships and a positive work environment. Consider the thoughts and opinions of others.
• Ethical/Integrity– employee is honest and trustworthy when working with colleagues, volunteers, and
other stakeholders. Lead by example.
• Committed to:
o Creating the global standard of excellence in healthcare and patient safety
o Excellence – Strive to excel in everything you do.
o Quality – Taking the initiative, extra time, care and vigilance to get the job done right.
o Continuous Learning
• Have a Positive “Can-do” Attitude-being ready, available and willing to get the job done and done well.
• Works under executive guidance, with considerable latitude in determining work objectives.
• Makes decisions of considerable complexity on business or technical matters often in ambiguous
contexts. Decisions have medium and long-term impact on a significant organizational function and
frequently impact the organization as a whole.
• Incumbent has formal supervisory responsibility for work unit and/or external vendors or consultants.
The incumbent will work at a desk in an office environment either in the corporate office or in an approved remote setting. Evening and weekend work, and travel will be required. There are minimal requirements to lift or move equipment.
This description is intended to provide an overview of the responsibilities of the position. It is not all-inclusive and an incumbent in the position will be expected to perform other duties as required. The responsibilities may change over time. This description is provided for informational purposes only and does not form the basis of a contract.