Overall Position Purpose
This position exists to provide Inteleos with departmental, organizational, and project management assistance in tactile execution of the strategic plan, organizational goals and departmental initiatives; the supervision of the Certification staff while ensuring goals and projects are executed and rolled out in a timely manner; and serve as a member of the Inteleos Management Team under the guidance of the Director of Certification.
• Understands how Certification and Customer Care has a direct impact on Inteleos and our constituents;
thus, ensures the highest level of customer care is provided to Inteleos staff, applicants, candidates,
Registrants, Certificants, Educators, medical professionals, vendors and societies;
• Oversees departmental administrative processes such as: Complex Application Processing, Appeal
Processing (Renewal, Eligibility and CME audit), Certificate Processing, Customer Care, QMR creation, etc.;
• Proactively manage department programs, workflows, vendors and projects to assure timely and accurate
roll-out of processes and programs (new, old and enhanced) utilizing collaborative and consensus-building
management techniques to lead departmental and cross-departmental projects;
• Ability to identify opportunities for continuous improvement and ability to lead change for the betterment
of the organization and staff;
• Manage staff, their daily activities/schedules, training, professional development, mentorship, and
performance evaluation to maximize potential and investment, and create a team-oriented environment;
• Is accountable for knowing and meeting the performance goals of all programs including service levels, call
quality and accuracy based on best practices and industry standards as well as Inteleos programs, policies,
• Develop and implement relevant metrics pertinent to customer service, application processing, certificants,
demographics, appeals and other certification related areas;
• Acts as a catalyst to ensure staff are passionate about delivering genuine, professional and accurate
information to customers;
• Assume significant responsibility in the forecasting, determining and setting of budget allocations required
to meet departmental and organizational strategic objectives ensuring fiscal responsibility, strict adherence
to the Board approved budget and financial policies, and monitoring financial trends to allow for strategic
adjustments to assure maximum ROI;
• Assures department functions within organizational culture, legal and administrative standards/guidelines;
• Assure relevant managerial techniques and methods are employed to manage staff and organizational
• Provides guidance to assigned Staff Committee(s) to assure effectiveness and is accountable to ensure
• Job-related problem solving involving the management of difficult business/people issues, which may
include the analysis of a significant number of factors requiring definition and investigation and requires the
production of innovative solutions using complex analytical tools and/or procedures;
• Develop, implement and maintain Certification department’s policies and procedures as required by ANSI
for organizational accreditation; and
• Maintain familiarity of Inteleos staff policies and the functions of each Inteleos department and works as a
positive role model and mentor/coach for all staff.
• Bachelor Degree, Certification or equivalent in a related field;
• Minimum of five years of managing a staff of six or more individuals;
• Minimum of two years of experience managing a customer service center and/or a call center; and
• Experience in the non-profit and/or medical industry preferred but not required.
Required Qualifications/ Skills
• Working knowledge of business and people management principles, theories and concepts in the work field,
strategic planning and resource allocation/modeling/leadership techniques
• Ability to coordinate efforts and work flow with staff members from all levels and departments of the
organization as well as external contacts
• Capable of analyzing problems rigorously and from all angles, showing sound practical judgment
• Superior project management, interpersonal, prioritization and organizational skills
• Ability to lead in a team environment, act as role model and coach to all staff
• Ability to maintain positive attitude under stressful conditions, and assist in building and maintaining a
positive culture in department and organization as a whole
• Strong verbal, written and collaborative skills to fulfill management level communication and
• Consistent attention to detail, accuracy and follow-through skills
• Proficiency with budgeting
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to navigate and utilize a Customer Relation Management System/Database, Microsoft CRM
• Accountable – taking ownership of your work and delivers results. Being responsible for your actions.
• Collegial – being helpful, respectful, approachable and team oriented. Building strong working
relationships and a positive work environment. Consider the thought and opinions of others.
• Ethical/Integrity -employee is honest and trustworthy when working with colleagues, volunteers, and other
stakeholders. Lead by example.
• Committed to:
o Creating the global standard of excellence in healthcare and patient safety
o Excellence – Strive to excel in everything you do
o Quality – Taking the initiative, extra time, care and vigilance to get the job done right
o Continuous Learning
• Have a Positive “Can-do” Attitude- being ready, available and willing to get the job done and done well
• Works under executive guidance, with considerable latitude in determining work objectives.
• Makes decisions of considerable complexity on business or technical matters often in ambiguous contexts.
Decisions have medium and long-term impact on a significant organizational function and frequently
impact the organization as a whole.
• Incumbent has formal supervisory responsibility for work unit and/or external vendors or consultants.
The incumbent will work at a desk in an office environment in the corporate. Evening and weekend work, and travel will be required. There are minimal requirements to lift or move equipment.
This description is intended to provide an overview of the responsibilities of the position. It is not all-inclusive and an incumbent in the position will be expected to perform other duties as required. The responsibilities may change over time. This description is provided for informational purposes only and does not form the basis of a contract.