Overall Position Purpose:
This position exists to provide Inteleos with departmental, organizational, and project management assistance in strategic planning; and the supervision of designated staff in the Testing Department while ensuring goals and projects are executed and rolled out in a timely manner and oversee test development and maintenance activities; and serve as a member of the Inteleos Management Team under the guidance of the Director of Testing.
• Proactively manage assigned department programs, workflows, and projects to assure timely and accurate
roll out of processes and programs utilizing collaborative and consensus-building management techniques to
lead departmental and cross-departmental projects;
• Manage assigned staff, their daily activities, training, professional development, mentorship, and
performance evaluation to maximize potential and investment, and create a team-oriented environment;
• Assume significant responsibility in the forecasting, determining and setting of budget allocations required
to meet departmental and organizational strategic objectives ensuring fiscal responsibility, strict adherence
to the Board approved budget and financial policies, and monitoring financial trends to allow for strategic
adjustments to assure maximum ROI;
• Coordinate volunteer subject-matter expert (SME) test development responsibilities including overseeing
onboarding and tracking of volunteer activities;
• Ensure SME efforts are efficiently utilized as well as tracked, reported, and recognized;
• Manage Testing Department vendors, ensuring prompt, accurate and complete execution of contracts;
• Provide organizational reporting of all exam development and maintenance activities; |
• Assist Director in maintaining ISO 17024 compliance with exam policies, procedures and processes;
• Develop, implement and maintain Testing department’s policies and procedures as required by ANSI for
organizational accreditation; and
• Maintain familiarity of Inteleos staff policies and the functions of each Inteleos department and works as a
positive role model and mentor/coach for all staff.
• Bachelor Degree, Certification or equivalent in a related field
• 5 years of progressive management experience with teams larger than five (5) people; and
• 3 years of project management experience in a multi-project environment.
• Prior experience in a non-profit/volunteer setting is preferred;
• Prior experience in a test development organization is preferred.
Required Qualifications/ Skills
• Working knowledge of business and people management principles, theories and concepts in the work field,
strategic planning and resource allocation/modeling/leadership techniques
• Ability to coordinate efforts and work flow with staff members from all levels and departments of the
organization as well as external contacts
• Capable of analyzing problems rigorously and from all angles, showing sound practical judgment
• Advanced skills in working with volunteers
• Demonstrated managerial experience with software development or implementation projects
• Superior project management, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Ability to lead in a team environment, act as role model and coach to all staff.
• Ability to maintain positive attitude under stressful conditions, and assist in building and maintaining a
positive culture in department and organization as a whole
• Strong verbal, written and collaborative skills to fulfill management level communication an
• Consistent attention to detail and follow-through skills
• Proficiency with budgeting
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Accountable – taking ownership of your work and delivers results. Being responsible for your actions.
• Collegial – being helpful, respectful, approachable and team oriented. Building strong working relationship
and a positive work environment. Consider the thoughts and opinions of others.
• Ethical/Integrity– employee is honest and trustworthy when working with colleagues, volunteers, and othe
stakeholders. Lead by example.
o Creating the global standard of excellence in healthcare and patient safety
o Excellence – Strive to excel in everything you do.
o Quality – Taking the initiative, extra time, care and vigilance to get the job done right.
o Continuous Learning
• Have a Positive “Can-do” Attitude-being ready, available and willing to get the job done and done well.
• Works under executive guidance, with considerable latitude in determining work objectives.
• Makes decisions of considerable complexity on business or technical matters often in ambiguous contexts.
Decisions have medium and long-term impact on a significant organizational function and frequently impact
the organization as a whole.
• Incumbent has formal supervisory responsibility for work unit and/or external vendors or consultants.
The incumbent will work at a desk in an office environment either in the corporate office or in an approved remote setting. Evening and weekend work, and travel will be required. There are minimal requirements to lift or move equipment.