Overall Position Purpose:
This position exists to provide Inteleos with departmental, organizational, and project management assistance in strategic planning, and the supervision of designated staff in the Volunteer Engagement Department while ensuring goals and projects are executed and rolled out in a timely manner; and serve as a member of the Inteleos Management Team under the guidance of the Chief People Officer.
• Proactively manage assigned department programs, workflows, and projects to assure timely and
accurate roll-out of processes and programs utilizing collaborative and consensus-building
management techniques to lead departmental and cross-departmental projects;
• Manage assigned staff, their daily activities, training, professional development, mentorship, and
performance evaluation to maximize potential and investment, and create a team-oriented
• Assume significant responsibility in the forecasting, determining and setting of budget allocations
required to meet departmental and organizational strategic objectives ensuring fiscal responsibility,
strict adherence to the Board approved budget and financial policies, and monitoring financial trends to
allow for strategic adjustments to assure maximum ROI;
• Formulate, facilitate and implement programs to maintain and strengthen the Volunteer Engagement
Program through a broad range of initiatives to recruit, monitor and maintain an active and effective
• Design, develop and execute volunteer engagement offerings across multiple markets;
• Write blogs, social media, project reports and other communications for internal and external
• Work collaboratively with staff, volunteers and vendors to execute projects;
• Develop and deliver tools, resources and training to improve the ability to deliver exceptional volunteer
• Enhance and manage the volunteer experience, including but not limited to recruitment, engagement,
training and recognition;
• Assess and manage on-going volunteer needs of the Inteleos Councils and Committees;
• Develop and maintain volunteer program policies & procedures;
• Participate in volunteer events;
• Design and implement a recruitment strategy that is scalable and sustainable
• Devise new and innovative approaches to volunteer outreach
• Manage the volunteer onboarding and training experience for all volunteers, including but not limited
to compliance and exam development volunteers and look for opportunities to innovate and improve
• Show impact of the volunteer engagement program by providing metrics and utilizing tools to report on
• Ensure accurate maintenance of volunteer database(s) to ensure best practices for data integrity, mining
and historical reporting;
• Serve as a company-wide resource and collaborate with staff and volunteers to ensure the volunteer
engagement program is fully integrated across all departments;
• Serve as the department representative on Inteleos staff and volunteer committees;
• Develop, implement and maintain Volunteer Engagement Department’s policies and procedures as
required by ANSI for organizational accreditation; and
• Maintain familiarity of Inteleos staff policies and the functions of each Inteleos department and works
as a positive role model and mentor/coach for all staff.
• Bachelor’s Degree, Certification or equivalent required in related field; and
• Five to seven years of experience working in a similar function (volunteer engagement and
• PMP or equivalent project management experience preferred;
• Background and understanding of the healthcare market and practitioners preferred.
• Global experience preferred
• Demonstrated excellence in volunteer management practices
• Working knowledge of business and people management principles, theories and concepts in the work
field, strategic planning and resource allocation/modeling/leadership techniques
• Capable of analyzing problems rigorously and from all angles, showing sound practical judgment
• Comprehensive knowledge of volunteer management
• General knowledge of academia
• Superior project management skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively, efficiently, and professionally with
individuals at all levels of the organization
• Ability to inspire and motivate staff and volunteers
• Demonstrated skill in writing concise, logical and grammatically correct letters and reports
• Excellent public speaking and facilitation skills
• Ability to coordinate efforts and work flow with staff members from all levels and departments of the
• Consistent attention to detail and follow-through skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude under stressful conditions and assist in building and maintaining
a positive culture in department and organization as a whole
• Familiarity with budgeting
• Database knowledge preferred
• Proficiency using computers in a MS office environment
• Relationship builder and collaborator
• Experience planning, convening and facilitating meetings and events with a broad range of
• Experience managing a diverse volunteer population
• Accountable – taking ownership of your work and delivers results. Being responsible for your actions.
• Collegial – being helpful, respectful, approachable and team oriented. Building strong working
relationships and a positive work environment. Consider the thoughts and opinions of others.
• Ethical/Integrity– employee is honest and trustworthy when working with colleagues, volunteers, and
other stakeholders. Lead by example.
• Committed to:
o Creating the global standard of excellence in healthcare and patient safety
o Excellence – Strive to excel in everything you do.
o Quality – Taking the initiative, extra time, care and vigilance to get the job done right.
o Continuous Learning
• Have a Positive “Can-do” Attitude-being ready, available and willing to get the job done and done well.
• Works under executive guidance, with considerable latitude in determining work objectives.
• Makes decisions of considerable complexity on business or technical matters often in ambiguous
contexts. Decisions have medium and long-term impact on a significant organizational function and
frequently impact the organization as a whole.
• Incumbent has formal supervisory responsibility for work unit and/or external vendors or consultants.
The incumbent will work at a desk in an office environment in the corporate office. Evening and weekend work, and travel will be required. There are minimal requirements to lift or move equipment.
This description is intended to provide an overview of the responsibilities of the position. It is not all-inclusive and an incumbent in the position will be expected to perform other duties as required. The responsibilities may change over time. This description is provided for informational purposes only and does not form the basis of a contract.