Overall Position Purpose
This position exists to support the Manager, Accounting in the operations of the Accounting Department.
• Review accounts payable invoices, payment requests, and staff and volunteer expense reports for accuracy of
coding and back-up via automated payables system;
• Ensure that accounting policies and procedures are followed by the organization;
• Working with the Finance Support Specialist, follow up with vendors, staff/ volunteers if accounting policies
and procedures are not followed;
• Reconcile, and code corporate credit card charges. Issue and review staff credit cards via automated systems;
• Track and report organizational & volunteer meeting expenses and monitor adherence to budget;
• Prepare monthly financial statements for Inteleos (and other entities as needed) using automated budget and
financial reporting system;
• Reconcile and analyze all balance sheet accounts per schedule, no less than quarterly;
• Reconciliation and monitoring of internal and intercompany expenses;
• Track, monitor, maintain and report Inteleos fixed assets, leases, and warranties schedules;
• Track and Report CEO credit card and expense reports;
• Assist with annual audit preparation;
• Process and file monthly sales and use tax returns, IRS 1099 and IRS 1096;
• Ensure that quarterly tax payments are made as directed by the Manger, Accounting,
• File unclaimed checks report;
• Fulfill misc. other federal and state reporting requirements; and
• Maintain and follow processes/procedures as required for organizational ANSI accreditation.
• Bachelor’s degree, Certification or equivalent in Accounting or related filed;
• Minimum of five years of relevant experience that must include hands-on general accounting experience and
financial Statement preparation.
• Experience with Great Plains GL, PN3 or Prophix desirable.
Required Qualifications/ Skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, including writing skills, in order to interact effectively, efficiently, and
professionally with individuals at all levels of the organization
• Demonstrated skill in writing concise, logical and grammatically correct letters and reports
• Proven ability to work in a team environment
• Experienced and comfortable in a highly automated environment
• Self-starter with consistent attention to detail and ability to follow through on issues
• Ability to maintain positive attitude under stressful conditions
• Strong organizational communication and collaborative skills
• General knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with a good knowledge of Excel
• Works under general supervision with broadly defined work objectives.
• Makes decisions of some complexity regarding work design, projects, etc. which regularly impact the next
organizational layer and may impact an organizational function.
• Work projects and products are subject to management review for content, quality and appropriateness.
• Incumbent generally has no formal supervisory responsibility, though s/he may provide regular work
direction to other employees.
The incumbent should expect to work some overtime during busy times for the department. There are minimal requirements for overnight travel or lift or move equipment.
This description is intended to provide an overview of the responsibilities of the position. It is not all-inclusive and an incumbent in the position will be expected to perform other duties as required. The responsibilities may change over time. This description is provided for informational purposes only and does not form the basis of a contract.