Overall Position Purpose:
This position exists to ensure that internal and external meetings and events are delivered at the highest standards of excellence by providing comprehensive project management, quality assurance and supervision of designated staff, ensuring goals and projects are executed in a timely manner and contributes to the strategic development of meetings/events. This position also serves as a member of the Inteleos Management Team and works under the general guidance of the Chief Marketing, Communication and Engagement Officer.
• Proactively manage assigned department programs, workflows, and projects to assure timely and
accurate roll-out of processes and programs utilizing collaborative and consensus-building
management techniques to lead departmental and cross-departmental projects;
• Manage assigned staff, their daily activities, training, professional development, mentorship, and
performance evaluation to maximize potential and investment, and create a team-oriented
• Assume significant responsibility in the forecasting, determining and setting of budget allocations
required to meet departmental and organizational strategic objectives ensuring fiscal responsibility,
strict adherence to the Board approved budget and financial policies, and monitoring financial trends to
allow for strategic adjustments to assure maximum ROI;
• Execute the overall strategy for the planning, logistics, registration, travel arrangements, etc. for all
internal and external company meetings/events including but not limited to:
1. Organizational Governance (Board of Director, Council, and Committee meetings)
2. Cross-Division (Department) Programmatic Initiatives (Item Development Workshops, Item Writer
Training Events, Regional Item Writer/Trainings, Compliance meetings);
• Lead in negotiating pricing, terms, standard contractual clauses and contracts associated with
meetings/events and assure that all contractual obligations are met/upheld for all meeting/events;
• Compile financial data and collaborate in the planning and development of the annual budget(s) to
• Direct and communicate critical event details to internal and external stakeholders (website content,
event binders, save the date communications, agendas, on-site logistical details, post-event surveys,
• Assure relevant managerial techniques and methods are utilized to manage staff and organizational
• Job-related problem solving involving the management of difficult business/people issues, which may
include the analysis of a significant number of factors requiring definition and investigation and
requires the production of innovative solutions using complex analytical tools and/or procedures;
• Serve as the company-wide resource and establish collaborative and close relationships with staff,
volunteers and vendors to assure meetings/events meet strategic goals and are fully integrated across
• Serve as the on-site event manager at select meetings/events;
• Conduct research regarding new meetings/events trends, best practices, new programs, etc...;
• Maintain familiarity of Inteleos staff policies and the functions of each Inteleos division/department and
works as a positive role model and mentor/coach for all staff;
• Innovate, develop, recommend and oversee adherence to organizational policies relating to
• Develop and maintain processes/procedures as required for organizational ANSI accreditation.
• Bachelor’s Degree, Certification or equivalent experience in a related;
• Minimum of five years’ experience working in a similar function; and
• Minimum of two years of experience in a management role.
• Certified Meeting Planner (CMP) designation preferred.
Required Qualifications/ Skills
• Working knowledge of business and people management principles, theories and concepts in the work
field, strategic planning and resource allocation/modeling/leadership techniques
• Advanced knowledge of meetings/events planning
• Superior program/project management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize,
and change course as required
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Ability to coordinate efforts and work flow with staff members from all levels and departments of the
organization as well as external contacts
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively, efficiently, and professionally with
individuals at all levels of the organization as well as external contacts
• Strong verbal, written and collaborative skills to fulfill management level communication and
• Capable of analyzing problems rigorously and from all angles, showing sound practical judgment
• Ability to maintain positive attitude under stressful conditions, and assist in building and maintaining a
positive culture in department and organization as a whole
• Ability to lead in a team environment, act as role model, coach to all staff, and deal effectively with all
levels of the organization as well as external contacts
• Intermediate public speaking skills
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Intermediate skills in Database structure and software such as Access
• Proficiency with budgeting
• Intermediate skills in survey software, such as Qualtrics
• Consistent attention to detail and follow-through skills
• Ability to review and ensure accuracy of work products with limited supervision
• Ability to improve efficiency and find new and better ways to accomplish tasks
• Accountable – taking ownership of your work and delivers results. Being responsible for your actions.
• Collegial – being helpful, respectful, approachable and team oriented. Building strong working
relationships and a positive work environment. Consider the thought and opinions of others.
• Ethical/Integrity -employee is honest and trustworthy when working with colleagues, volunteers, and
other stakeholders. Lead by example.
• Committed to:
o Creating the global standard of excellence in healthcare and patient safety
o Excellence – Strive to excel in everything you do
o Quality – Taking the initiative, extra time, care and vigilance to get the job done right
o Continuous Learning
• Have a Positive “Can-do” Attitude- being ready, available and willing to get the job done and done well.
• Works under executive guidance, with considerable latitude in determining work objectives.
• Makes decisions of considerable complexity on business or technical matters often in ambiguous
contexts. Decisions have medium and long-term impact on a significant organizational function and
frequently impact the organization as a whole.
• Incumbent has formal supervisory responsibility for work unit and/or external vendors or consultants.
The incumbent will work at a desk in an office environment. Travel and evening and weekend work will be required. There are minimal requirements to lift or move equipment.
This description is intended to provide an overview of the responsibilities of the position. It is not all-inclusive and an incumbent in the position will be expected to perform other duties as required. The responsibilities may change over time. This description is provided for informational purposes only and does not form the basis of a contract.