Overview Of The Application Process
- Applicants must complete the easy, quick and secure online application using their full legal name as stated in their name of record with the ARDMS. Users will register for a password-protected account where they can then create, store, update and submit their application. Online applicants can pay the application fee online but must mail all supporting documentation to ARDMS. Applicants will also have the option of mailing the payment, however, it will result in excessive delays of the application process.
- ARDMS reviews the applicant's documentation and compares educational and/or clinical experience to one of the published examination prerequisites and/or requirement.
- Ineligible applicants are informed of their ineligibility and reasons for that decision in approximately four weeks from receipt of the application and all supporting documentation in the ARDMS office.
- ARDMS sends (via the mail to the address on file) eligible applicants an Examination-Confirmation Letter notifying them of their eligibility within approximately two to four weeks from receipt of the application and all supporting documentation in the ARDMS office. Eligible applicants may also find a copy of their Examination-Confirmation Letter in their MYARDMS account.
- The Examination-Confirmation Letter lists the approved the examination(s) and notifies the candidate of the 90-day period in which he or she must both schedule and take the approved examination(s). A website address and toll free number are provided so the candidate can schedule an appointment. Testing centers are located in the US, Canada and internationally.
- Special accommodations will be made for candidates with a documented disability. The candidate must complete the ADA Request for Special Accommodations Questionnaire with his or her application
- All examinations are in English and must be taken at an approved testing center and are administered on a computer
- For examinations for the RDMS, RDCS, RVT and RPVI credentials, the candidate is informed of his or her preliminary examination score immediately upon completion of the examination. ARDMS is sent the scoring information electronically. The candidate is not required to contact ARDMS. The results are subject to final review and acceptance by ARDMS. For the RMSK examination, it may take up to three (3) months after you complete the MSK examination for you to receive your score. Candidates will receive an e-mail and instructions on how to access the score via a secure website.
- After a credential is earned, the Registrant will receive a certification packet containing a temporary ARDMS Identification (ID) Card and an official certificate within six weeks. The name of the Registrant is printed on the certificate exactly as written on the application form. The official ARDMS Identification Card is sent at a later date.
All eligible candidates receive an Examination-Confirmation Letter, via email, notifying them of their 90-day period* for taking the approved examination(s). Eligible applicants should log into to their MYARDMS account and print a personalized copy of the letter.
- A website address and a toll-free telephone number are provided to schedule an examination appointment. Testing sites are located in the U.S., Canada and internationally.
- Once the confirmation is received, it is the candidates' responsibility to contact the testing vendor to schedule and take the examination(s). To avoid complications in scheduling exams, ARDMS recommends scheduling the examination(s) immediately upon receipt of the Examination-Confirmation Letter.
- ARDMS does not assist in securing visas for travel.
- In order to log on to the testing vendor's website, candidates must click here and login with their self created username and password or create a new web account.
If the review of an application results in a determination of non-compliance with a prerequisite and/or the Sonography Principles and Instrumentation (SPI) Examination Requirement, and the applicant is therefore determined to be ineligible, the applicant will forfeit the $100 USD processing fee per examination.
Subsequently, the Registrant is listed in the ARDMS online directory.
*Candidates for the Musculoskeletal (MSK) credentialing examination will be provided a 30-day eligibility period in their Examination-Confirmation Letter.