Take Steps to Ensure You Get ARDMS E-mails
Whitelist ARDMS Emails: Best Practices
Due to the growing problem of unsolicited and unwanted commercial emails, many web mail services (i.e. Yahoo, Hotmail, etc.) and email applications (i.e. Outlook 2003, Mozilla Thunderbird, etc.) have taken measures to automatically filter bulk emails. Unfortunately, these filters end up blocking many newsletters and legitimate emails in addition to spam. ARDMS newsletters and updates are not immune, and so these filters may incorrectly block our mailings, preventing it from ever reaching your inbox.
To avoid further problems, simply follow the steps outlined below to help ensure that you receive important notices from the ARDMS. Even if you are currently receiving our mailings, we still advise you to follow these recommendations as a way to prevent future problems. Thank you for your time.
A whitelist is a list of email addresses whose messages you want delivered to your inbox and not filtered to your bulk email folder. Follow the instructions below to add us to your whitelist, to ensure that you receive our mailings after you subscribe.
- Mozilla Thunderbird
- Outlook 2003
New Subscribers: You will need to add our "From address", firstname.lastname@example.org, to your AOL address book:
- Click the Mail menu and select Address Book.
- Wait for the "Address Book" window to pop up, then click the Add button.
- Wait for the "Address Card for New Contact" window to load.
- Once loaded, cut and paste email@example.com into the "Other E-Mail" field.
- Make our From address the "Primary E-Mail" address by checking the associated check box.
- Click the Save button.
Existing Subscribers: If you are already a subscriber but our mailings aren't getting through, our mailing may be in your AOL Spam Folder. Please use your web mail to check your Spam Folder. If our mailing is in your AOL Spam Folder, open our mailing and click the This Is Not Spam button. Lastly, please add firstname.lastname@example.org onto your Address Book as outlined in our New Subscribers info above.
New Subscribers: You will need to set up a filter to redirect our mailing into your inbox:
- Open your mailbox and click on Mail Options (upper right hand).
- Select Filters (bottom left corner).
- Click the Add link on the Filters page.
- Update the "From header:" rule with the following 2 pieces of information: "contains" and email@example.com. This essentially allows the mail server to identify our mailing based on the email From address.
- Click the Choose Folder pull down menu and select inbox.
- Select the Add Filter button.
Existing Subscribers: If you are already a subscriber but our mailings aren't getting through, check if the mailing is in your Yahoo Bulk Folder. If our mailing is there, open our mailing and click the Not Spam button. Next, check to see if the mailing's email address is in your "Blocked Addresses" list. If you see firstname.lastname@example.org on this list, select it and click the Remove Block button. Lastly, if you have not done so, please set up a filter as outlined in our New Subscribers info above.
New Subscribers: You will need to add our From address, email@example.com, to your Hotmail Safe List:
- Open your mailbox and click "Options" (upper right hand corner, click on "more options").
- Click the "Junk E-Mail" link (top of page).
- Select the "Safe and blocked senders" link (2nd from bottom).
- Click on the "Safe senders" link.
- Copy and paste firstname.lastname@example.org into the dialog box titled "Sender or domain to mark as safe".
- Click the "Add to list>>" button next to the dialog box.
Existing Subscribers: If you are already a subscriber but our mailings aren't getting through, make sure that the mailing is not being sent to your Junk E-Mail Folder. If our mailing is there, open the mailing and click the Not Junk button. Next, check to see if the mailing's email address is in your Blocked Senders list. If you see email@example.com on this list, select it and click the Remove button. Finally, if you have not done so, add firstname.lastname@example.org into your Safe List as outlined in our New Subscribers info above.
New Subscribers: You will need to add our From address, email@example.com, to your Gmail Contacts List:
- Click Contacts along the left side of any Gmail page.
- Click Add Contact.
- Copy and paste our From address, firstname.lastname@example.org into the primary email address dialog box.
- Click Save.
Existing Subscribers: If you are already a subscriber but our mailing isn't getting through, make sure that the mailing has not been mistakenly marked as Spam:
- Click Spam along the left side of any Gmail page.
- Check mark the box next to our mailing.
- Click Not Spam button along the top.
New Subscribers: You will need to add our From address, email@example.com, to your Thunderbird Address Book and configure your Junk Mail Controls to white list your address book.
Add our From address into your Personal Address Book:
- Click the Address Book button.
- Make sure the Personal Address Book is highlighted.
- Click the New Card button. This will launch a New Card window that has 3 tabs: Contact, Address & Other.
- Under the Contact tab, copy and paste our "From" address, firstname.lastname@example.org into the Email dialog box.
- Click OK.
Whitelist your Personal Address Book:
- From the main drop down menu, select "Tools -< Junk Mail Controls..."
- This will launch the Junk Mail Controls window that has two tabs: Settings and Adaptive Filter
- Under the Settings tab, update the "White Lists" module by selecting Personal Address Book from the pull down menu and then check mark the box next to "Do not mark messages as junk mail".
- Click OK.
Existing Subscribers: Initially, the automatic junk mail detection for incoming messages might not be very accurate and you should check your Junk folder to see our mailing have been mistakenly detected as junk. To prevent this from happening in the future, you need to mark our mailing as not junk. Do this by right-clicking on our mailing and choose "Mark -< As Not Junk".
If you use a Web mail system or email application not listed above, the instructions for white listing our address will depend on the specific email program you are using. If you access the help files, instruction manual or customer support, there should be instructions on how to do this.
In most cases, jut by adding our From address, email@example.com, to your address book, safe list, white list or contact list will be sufficient. If our mailings are not getting to your inbox, then we suggest checking your spam folder, bulk folder or junk folder. If you find our mailing, then you will need to find a way to inform your mail application that it is not spam. Most likely the course of action is to select our mailing and click on the Not Spam or Not Junk button, if available. For more information about your mail application, please visit the help section that is associated with your mail application.
Adapted with permission from the Association of Strategic Marketing.