Tips for a successful testing experience
After all your preparation and studying, we want to make sure that you know what to expect on testing day. Here is a short list of things you need to know.
- Get a good night's sleep before you take your examination. Being well rested and relaxed when you take your examination will help you concentrate.
- Give yourself plenty of time to get to the test center. Remember, you MUST arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the examination for registration.
- Know where the test center is before you try to get there. You may want to take a "dry run" to make sure you know where you are going.
- Bring two forms of current identification (ID). For more information on accepted forms of identification, click here. Both forms of ID must be current and not expired. Keep in mind that the names under which you made your reservation and those on your IDs must match.
Travel light. The only thing that can be brought into the testing room is you. Everything else, including your watch, cell phone, pager, purse, etc., MUST be secured elsewhere. The testing centers have lockers to store personal belongings. Study materials as well as food and drink are prohibited in the test center. No visitors, guests, pets, or children are allowed.
- In our effort to "go green," test centers now only provide white boards for test takers to jot down notes during the examination.
- Special accommodations are available for test takers with documented disabilities and must be pre-approved by ARDMS prior to making a reservation.