Test Center Accepted/Unaccepted Forms of Identification
Please review the new and improved test center admission requirements effective September 2, 2014!
When you arrive at the test center, be prepared to:
- Check in with a Test Center Administrator
- Present one valid photo ID
- Have your Palm vein scanned
- Take a test day photograph
Identification (ID) Requirements
Candidate is required to present one form of identification. View and print the helpful guide.
An acceptable form of ID must meet all of the following criteria:
- Have the same first and last name as your name of record with ARDMS (what you used to apply and schedule)
- Be original (no photo copies)
- Be current and valid (document must have expiration date that has not passed*)
- Have been issued by a government agency (see below for acceptable forms of ID)
- Include a photo which can be used to positively identify the candidate
- Include a candidate’s signature
- Expired forms of ID are not acceptable; unless accompanied by valid renewal papers.
- Any government issued ID missing a visible signature or that has an embedded signature, can be supplemented with an original (no photo copies), valid (unexpired) ID that has at least a matching name and signature.
- Any candidate exceptions to the ID policy must be pre-approved by the Pearson VUE customer service center at least three business days before the scheduled exam appointment.
- If a candidate is checking in and does not have one matching form of acceptable ID but has identification that meets the requirements in his or her vehicle, the candidate may retrieve the ID from his or her vehicle.
- The candidate is permitted to have someone else bring his or her ID to the test center while he or she waits there as long as the candidate is able to present the ID by the time of the appointment (within the 15-minute late policy is acceptable).
Not Acceptable Forms of Identification
- International driver's licenses that are not issued by a government
- Naturalization papers
- IDs from countries subject to U.S. Sanctions (below)
- Voter Registration Cards that are paper, or plastic and do not include a photo
- Marriage License
- Divorce Decree
- Amended Documentation
- Birth Certificate
- Name Change Decree
- Health Insurance Card
- Ontario Health Insurance Program (OHIP)
The sanctions prohibit any U.S. company (including the ARDMS test vendor and its business partners) from exporting goods and services to these countries, or doing business with their foreign nationals. Detailed information about these sanctions and a list of sanctioned countries can be found at www.ustreas.gov/offices/enforcement/ofac.
If you have any questions about the ID you are required to bring with you to the testing center for admittance for your exam, please contact Pearson VUE customer service at www.pearsonvue.com/contact.
*The test vendor does not recognize grace periods. For example, if a candidate's driver's license expired yesterday and the state allows a 30-day grace period for renewing the ID, ARDMS still considers the ID to be expired.