An applicant, candidate or Registrant may submit an appeal of an adverse ARDMS action or decision based on any of the following reasons: (Click on the tabs below to read specific appeal instructions.)
a. The applicant/candidate was found to be ineligible to take or complete an examination;
b. The candidate did not pass or successfully complete the examination due to the following reasons: (1)
disruptive examination conditions, (2) absence from an examination appointment due to a medical situation,
(3) loss/bereavement, (4) inclement weather
An appeal must be made in writing and submitted by:
• Uploading to MY ARDMS account. Upload new documents under “Uploaded Documents" under the "My
Resources" tab. Select Pearson VUE Appeals; or
• E-mail to appeals@ARDMS.org with the subject line of “Appeal”; or
• Letter addressed to ARDMS, Attn: Appeal, 1401 Rockville Pike, Suite 600 Rockville, MD 20852-1402; or
• Fax to (301) 738-0312, Attn: Appeal.
The grounds for appeals to the review panel are for those stated in the previous sentence. Actions regarding ARDMS compliance policy may not be appealed to the ARDMS Review Panel.
Please note that if you choose to reapply for the examination prior to receiving the determination of your appeal, your appeal is no longer valid and you forfeit the determination.