Overall Position Purpose:
This position exists to provide quality assurance services to maintain a high standard of quality for examinations published under the Inteleos umbrella. This position will be responsible for conducting quality assurance and verification of exam files (and other documentation produced by the department as needed), identifying and communicating defects, and maintaining a continuous quality improvement philosophy within the exam development/publishing process.
- Review exams (scoring and item content) for consistency with source files following quality control procedures;
- Run full end-to-end quality checks on exam files and exam forms;
- Document and escalate deviations between exam files and source files;
- Document quality control systems and procedures;
- Create and update test checklists and scenarios used in the exam quality control processes;
- Analyze and make recommendations to improve exam development, publishing and QA processes;
- Build surveys needed by the Testing Department and others in the Assessment Division;
- Track testing incidents, appeals and responses according to procedures;
- Assist with proofreading of item content and other testing documentation against grammatical conventions and style guidelines;
- Assist the Assessment Quality Manager in assembling exam files utilizing test construction software;
- Follow and maintain relevant procedures related to QC and form building.
- Ensure Documentation of compliance is up-to-date and accessible; and
- Maintain and follow ANSI processes/procedures as required for organizational accreditation.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Certification or equivalent in a related field; and
- Minimum of two years of experience in a similar function in an office environment.
Required Qualifications/ Skills
- Great attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to determine and prioritize work tasks to best support organizational goals
- Proficiency using computers in a MS office environment
- Well-developed analytical skills
- Excellent command of English grammar
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to maintain positive attitude under stressful conditions
- Collaboration and communications skills essential
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively, efficiently, and professionally with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Accountable – taking ownership of your work and delivers results. Being responsible for your actions.
- Collegial – being helpful, respectful, approachable and team oriented. Building strong working relationships and a positive work environment. Consider the thought and opinions of others.
- Ethical/Integrity -employee is honest and trustworthy when working with colleagues, volunteers, and other stakeholders. Lead by example.
- Committed to:
- Creating the global standard of excellence in healthcare and patient safety
- Excellence – Strive to excel in everything you do
- Quality – Taking the initiative, extra time, care and vigilance to get the job done right
- Continuous Learning
- Have a Positive “Can-do” Attitude- being ready, available and willing to get the job done and done well
- Works under general supervision with well-defined job objectives.
- Makes decisions of moderate complexity regarding work design, projects, etc., which often impact the next organizational layer.
- Work projects and products are subject to management review for content, quality and appropriateness.
- Incumbent generally has no formal supervisory responsibility, though they may provide regular work direction to other employees.