Overall Position Purpose:
This position exists to ensure strategic-level leadership for the Finance Division; oversee the activities of division staff, determine and execute the activities necessary to achieve the goals of the Finance Division; and serve as a member of the Inteleos Executive Team while working closely with the other Executives, CEO/Executive Director and governance leaderships. In addition, this position will serve as the staff liaison to the Finance and Audit Committee.
- Assume the maximum level of decision-making authority and associated risk for the activities of the Finance Division;
- Accountable to be a productive and contributing member of the Inteleos Executive Team for the benefit of the organization through documented executive competencies, strategic direction and cultural awareness;
- Responsible for division success through strategic leadership, management best practices and organizational policies and procedures;
- Accountable for strategic financial leadership, financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, revenue planning, cost management and accounting, risk management, internal controls, and internal and governance financial statement analysis;
- Working with the Inteleos investment management firm to ensure organizational investment policies and objectives are met and current;
- Liaison to the Finance and Audit Committee (FAC);
- Accountable for annual budget preparation and assure FAC review for Board approval;
- Working with the Director of Enterprise Risk Management, provide contract administration and management;
- Assist in aligning resources with key business objectives;
- Work with CEO/Executive Director and COO to develop long range financial strategy and regular key performance indicators;
- Oversee and enforce Financial and Accounting policies and practices;
- Oversee the management of division staff, programs, workflows, and projects to assure timely and accurate roll-out of processes and programs utilizing collaborative and consensus-building management techniques to lead division and cross-departmental projects;
- Monitor the activities of the division manager(s) assuring assigned staff are receiving training, professional development, mentorship, and performance evaluation to maximize potential and investment, and create a team-oriented environment;
- Work collaboratively with the Chief Business Development Officer and the Business Development Division to investigate new business and global expansion opportunities. Provide financial analysis for revenue and development costs along with identifying risks and rewards in the dynamic global markets Inteleos is pursuing;
- Assume the primary responsibility in the forecasting, determining, setting and monitoring divisional/departmental budget allocations required to meet organizational strategic objectives, strict adherence to the Board approved budget and financial policies, and monitoring financial trends to allow for strategic adjustments to assure maximum ROI;
- Assist in the preparation of division/department budgets and monitoring to ensure budget allocations required meet organizational strategic objectives, and are in strict adherence to the Board approved budget and financial policies;
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, local and international tax regulations and reporting;
- Provide guidance, coaching and accountability to Standing Committees and/or Staff Committees to assure effectiveness for Committee(s) success;
- Oversee the development, implementation and maintenance of policies and procedures for the Finance Division as required by ANSI-ISO accreditation for organizational accreditation; and
- Maintain familiarity of Inteleos staff policies and the functions of each Inteleos department and work as a positive role model and mentor/coach for all staff.
- Graduate Degree, Certification or equivalent in a related field;
- Minimum of ten years of experience working in departmental function;
- Minimum of five years of experience in a financial or accounting management role; and
- MBA with finance concentration and CFA or CPA preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of business and people management principles, theories and concepts in the work field, strategic planning, and resource allocation/ modeling/leadership techniques;
- Demonstrated capability of verbal and written communications concerning financial and accounting content to a variety of audiences;
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with people from all levels of the organization as well as external contacts;
- High degree of reliability and integrity;
- Capable of analyzing problems rigorously and from all angles, showing sound practical judgment;
- Ability to think strategically and execute growth strategies;
- Consistent attention to detail and follow-through skills;
- Superior project management, interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Demonstrable superior verbal, written and collaborative skills to fulfill executive-level communication correspondence;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to maintain positive attitude under stressful conditions and work towards building and maintaining a positive culture in division and organization as a whole;
- Proficiency with budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis;
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Accountable – taking ownership of your work and delivers results. Being responsible for your actions.
- Collegial – being helpful, respectful, approachable and team oriented. Building strong working relationships and a positive work environment. Consider the thought and opinions of others.
- Ethical/Integrity -employee is honest and trustworthy when working with colleagues, volunteers, and other stakeholders. Lead by example.
- Committed to:
- Creating the global standard of excellence in healthcare and patient safety
- Excellence – Strive to excel in everything you do
- Quality – Taking the initiative, extra time, care and vigilance to get the job done right
- Continuous Learning
- Have a Positive “Can-do” Attitude- being ready, available and willing to get the job done and done well
- Subject only to minimal review.
- Responsible for contributing to the overall strategic direction of Inteleos to reflect the mission as established by the Board of Directors.
- Makes decisions that have the maximum effect on the success or failure of Inteleos to meet its overall long-term objectives.
- Serves as the final authority for the organization regarding their functional area.
This description is intended to provide an overview of the responsibilities of the position. It is not all-inclusive and an incumbent in the position will be expected to perform other duties as required. The responsibilities may change over time. This description is provided for informational purposes only and does not form the basis of a contract.