Overall Position Purpose:
This position exists to ensure strategic-level leadership for established Board approved strategies, policies and operational procedures of the Information Technology Division; oversee the activities of division staff, determine and execute the activities necessary to achieve the goals of the Information Technology Division; and serve as a member of the Inteleos Executive Team while working closely with the other Executives, CEO/Executive Director and governance leaderships.
- Assume the maximum level of decision-making authority and associated risk for the activities of the IT Division;
- Accountable to be a productive and contributing member of the Inteleos Executive Team for the benefit of the organization through documented executive competencies, strategic direction and cultural awareness;
- Responsible for division success through strategic leadership, management best practices and organizational policies and procedures;
- Work with CEO/Executive Director and COO to develop both short-term and long-range technology strategies to support core business efforts as well as growth of systems to support new innovations within our industry (e.g., learning management systems, simulation, virtual reality, and artificial intelligence).
- Accountable for strategic technology leadership and overall technology oversight through monitoring and alignment of IT resources with key business objectives;
- Develop and maintain robust IT infrastructure ensuring that corporate systems security meets industry standards to protect organizational systems from security threats.
- Ensure IT infrastructure is redundant, and that business continuity is at industry standards
- Accountable for data governance, data privacy, data integrity and business intelligence activities
- Oversee the organizational project management department and organizational enterprise project system
- Procure and oversee the development and launch of a new corporate customer relationship management system and underlying business logic to support a growing and diverse set of products lines
- Oversee the management of division staff, programs, workflows, and projects to assure timely and accurate roll-out of processes and programs utilizing collaborative and consensus-building management techniques to lead divisional and cross-divisional projects;
- Monitor the daily activities of the division manager(s) assuring assigned staff are receiving training, professional development, mentorship, and performance evaluation to maximize potential and investment, and create a team-oriented environment;
- Develop, administer, and monitor IT systems and services required to meet organizational strategic objectives with strict adherence to the Board approved budget and information technology policies, and monitor IT trends to allow for strategic adjustments to assure maximum ROI;
- Assume the primary responsibility in the forecasting, determining, setting and monitoring division budget allocations required to meet organizational strategic objectives while strictly adhering to the Board approved budget and financial policies, and monitor financial trends to allow for strategic adjustments to assure maximum ROI;
- Provide guidance and accountability to any Standing Committees and/or Staff Committees to assure Committee(s) effectiveness and success;
- Oversee the development, implementation and maintenance of policies and procedures for the Information Technology Division as required by ANSI for organizational accreditation; and
- Maintain familiarity of Inteleos staff policies and the functions of each Inteleos division and work as a positive role model and mentor/coach for all staff.
- Graduate Degree, Certification, or equivalent in a related field;
- Minimum of ten years of experience working in divisional function; and
- Minimum of five years of experience in an equivalent CIO management role
- Comprehensive knowledge of business and people management principles, theories and concepts, strategic planning, and resource allocation/modeling/leadership techniques
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with people from all levels of the organization as well as external contacts
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- High degree of reliability, and integrity,
- Capable of analyzing problems rigorously and from all angles, showing sound practical judgment
- Ability to think strategically and execute growth strategies
- Consistent attention to detail and follow-through skills
- Superior project management skills and experience with lean and agile methodologies
- Familiarity with educational technology and learning management systems
- Demonstrable superior oral, written and collaborative skills to fulfill executive level communication correspondence
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to maintain positive attitude under stressful conditions and work towards building and maintaining a positive culture in the Division and the organization as a whole
- Proficiency with information technology budgeting, planning, and ROI
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft enterprise systems
- Accountable – taking ownership of your work and delivers results. Being responsible for your actions.
- Collegial – being helpful, respectful, approachable and team oriented. Building strong working relationships and a positive work environment. Consider the thought and opinions of others.
- Ethical/Integrity -employee is honest and trustworthy when working with colleagues, volunteers, and other stakeholders. Lead by example.
- Committed to:
- Creating the global standard of excellence in healthcare and patient safety
- Excellence – Strive to excel in everything you do
- Quality – Taking the initiative, extra time, care and vigilance to get the job done right
- Continuous Learning
- Have a Positive “Can-do” Attitude- being ready, available and willing to get the job done and done well
- Subject only to minimal review.
- Responsible for contributing to the overall strategic direction of Inteleos to reflect the mission as established by the Board of Directors.
- Makes decisions that have the maximum effect on the success or failure of Inteleos to meet its overall long-term objectives.
- Serves as the final authority for the organization regarding their functional area.
This description is intended to provide an overview of the responsibilities of the position. It is not all-inclusive and an incumbent in the position will be expected to perform other duties as required. The responsibilities may change over time. This description is provided for informational purposes only and does not form the basis of a contract.