Overall Position Purpose:
This position exists to mitigate risk to the organization in the areas of compliance violation and special (testing) accommodation request processing by ensuring operations are conducted in strict conformance with department policies and procedures while maintaining the highest level of customer service to all Inteleos stakeholders. Additionally, this position will provide Inteleos with departmental, organizational, and project management assistance in strategic planning; and serve as a member of the Inteleos Management Team under the guidance of the Director of Compliance and Quality Assurance.
- Understand how the Compliance and Special Accommodations programs have a direct impact on Inteleos and our constituents;
- Manage assigned Compliance program staff, their daily activities, training, professional development, mentorship, and performance evaluation to maximize potential and investment, and create a team-oriented environment;
- Ensure tasks, goals and projects of the Compliance and Special Accommodations programs are executed and rolled out in a timely manner;
- Audit and review compliance staff investigation processes and outcomes routinely to ensure conformance with department policies and procedures; and, present qualitative recommendations to Director of Compliance regarding appropriate next steps;
- Serve as liaison to assigned Compliance Panels and/or Staff Committees to assure effectiveness, and is accountable to ensure Panel/Committee success;
- Assist the Director of Compliance with oversight of Compliance Panel violation case review processes to assure effectiveness including but not limited to drafting Panel decisions, execution of effective Panel meetings and/or conference calls, etc.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and ability to lead change for the betterment of the organization and staff;
- Proactively manage assigned department programs, workflows, and projects as needed to assure timely and accurate roll-out of processes and programs utilizing collaborative and consensus-building management techniques to lead departmental and cross-departmental projects;
- Assume significant responsibility in the forecasting, determining and setting of budget allocations required to meet departmental and organizational strategic objectives ensuring fiscal responsibility, strict adherence to the Board approved budget and financial policies, and monitoring financial trends to allow for strategic adjustments to assure maximum ROI;
- Assure department functions within organizational culture, legal and administrative standards/ guidelines;
- Provide innovative solutions using complex analytical tools and/or procedures;
- Develop, implement and report on relevant metrics pertinent to customer service, compliance violation processing, special accommodation request processing and other compliance related areas;
- Develop, implement, maintain and audit conformance with Compliance program policies and procedures as required by ANSI for organizational accreditation;
- Maintain familiarity of Inteleos staff policies and the functions of each Inteleos department and works as a positive role model and mentor/coach for all staff.
- Bachelor Degree, Certification or equivalent in a related field
- Minimum of five years of experience working in departmental function responsible for handling confidential information in accordance with established confidentiality/privacy policies; and
- Minimum of three years of experience in a management role
Required Qualifications/ Skills
- Understanding of legal implications of Compliance and Special Accommodation program implementation
- Job-related problem solving skills involving the management of difficult business/people issues, which may include the analysis of a significant number of factors requiring definition and investigation
- Working knowledge of business and people management principles, theories and concepts in the work field, strategic planning and resource allocation/modeling/leadership techniques
- Ability to coordinate efforts and work flow with staff members from all levels and departments of the organization as well as external contacts
- High degree of reliability and integrity
- Capable of analyzing problems rigorously and from all angles, showing sound practical judgment with a solution-oriented approach
- Superior project management, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to lead in a team environment, act as role model and coach to all staff
- Ability to maintain positive attitude under stressful conditions, and assist in building and maintaining a positive culture in department and organization as a whole
- Superior verbal, written and collaborative skills to fulfill management level communication and correspondence
- Consistent attention to detail and follow-through skills
- Proficiency with budgeting
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to navigate and utilize a Customer Relation Management System/Database, Microsoft CRM experience preferred
- Accountable – taking ownership of your work and delivers results. Being responsible for your actions.
- Collegial – being helpful, respectful, approachable and team oriented. Building strong working relationships and a positive work environment. Consider the thought and opinions of others.
- Ethical/Integrity -employee is honest and trustworthy when working with colleagues, volunteers, and other stakeholders. Lead by example.
- Committed to:
- Creating the global standard of excellence in healthcare and patient safety
- Excellence – Strive to excel in everything you do
- Quality – Taking the initiative, extra time, care and vigilance to get the job done right
- Continuous Learning
- Have a Positive “Can-do” Attitude- being ready, available and willing to get the job done and done well
- Works under executive guidance, with considerable latitude in determining work objectives.
- Makes decisions of considerable complexity on business or technical matters often in ambiguous contexts.
- Decisions have medium and long-term impact on a significant organizational function and frequently impact the organization as a whole.
- Incumbent has formal supervisory responsibility for work unit and/or external vendors or consultants.