Overall Position Purpose:
This position exists to provide customer service to applicants, candidates, Registrants, Certificants, educators, vendors, societies, the public and Inteleos staff while ensuring that Inteleos policies and procedures are accessible, understood and followed receiving guidance from supervisor/manager.
- Maintain Currency on all Certification policies, procedures, protocols and organizational activities;
- Communicate policies, procedures and protocols to applicants, candidates, registrants, vendors, society, the public and Inteleos staff.
- Provide customer service by responding to queries from individuals regarding the Inteleos programs and activities;
- Resolve routine customer issues and concerns in via phone, e-mail correspondence and other means as required;
- Process minimal complexity applications and follow up;
- Perform administrative tasks as needed;
- Maintains familiarity of functions of each Inteleos department and works as a team player for special committees and projects; and
- Maintain and follow processes and procedures as required by ANSI for organization accreditation.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and some college required, Associate Degree or equivalent preferred; and
- Minimum of one year experience in an office environment or customer services
Required Qualifications/ Skills
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively, efficiently, and professionally with individuals at all levels of the organization as well as external contacts
- Demonstrated skill in writing concise, logical and grammatically correct letters and reports
- Strong communication, organizational and collaborative skills
- Ability to apply attention to detail
- Strong customer service skills
- Consistent attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to maintain positive attitude under stressful conditions
- Work independently and be able to solve basic problems
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, such as copier and fax machines
- Basic Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Accountable – taking ownership of your work and delivers results. Being responsible for your actions.
- Collegial – being helpful, respectful, approachable and team oriented. Building strong working relationships and a positive work environment. Consider the thought and opinions of others.
- Ethical/Integrity -employee is honest and trustworthy when working with colleagues, volunteers, and other stakeholders. Lead by example.
- Committed to:
- Creating the global standard of excellence in healthcare and patient safety
- Excellence – Strive to excel in everything you do
- Quality – Taking the initiative, extra time, care and vigilance to get the job done right
- Continuous Learning
- Have a Positive “Can-do” Attitude- being ready, available and willing to get the job done and done well
- Works under direct supervision with precisely defined tasks and objectives.
- Makes decisions of moderate complexity with impact of work generally limited to the incumbent’s immediate work group, though there may be some impact at the next organizational layer.
- Work projects and products are subject to management review for content, quality and appropriateness.
- Incumbent has no formal supervisory responsibility, but may occasionally provide guidance to other employees.
The incumbent will work at a desk in an office environment. Some evening and weekend work may be required. There are minimal requirements to lift or move equipment.
This description is intended to provide an overview of the responsibilities of the position. It is not all-inclusive and an incumbent in the position will be expected to perform other duties as required. The responsibilities may change over time. This description is provided for informational purposes only and does not form the basis of a contract.