Overall Position Purpose:
This highly entrepreneurial executive position exists to provide strategic-level leadership for programs and projects in the Certificate Assessment Department which is primarily the Point-of-Care Ultrasound Certification Academy (PCA); ensures appropriate policies and operational procedures for the Certificate Assessment Department; oversees the activities of departmental staff; determines and executes the activities necessary to achieve the goals of the Certificate Assessment Department; and serves as a member of Inteleos Senior Leadership team while working closely with Inteleos executives, the Inteleos Board, other management, general staff, vendors and relevant subject matter experts.
- Accountable to be a productive and contributing member of Inteleos Senior Leadership team for the benefit of the organization through executive performance and cultural awareness;
- Drive entrepreneurial efforts to grow the PCA in collaboration with other organizational leaders using innovative startup strategies including partnerships, clinical market penetration and global geographic distributions;
- Develop and execute business models to meld clinical educational content with cognitive assessments for proficiency measurement;
- Align the Certificate Assessment Department with relevant psychometrics and educational-based learning and performance measurements;
- Maintain awareness and ongoing curiosity about learning and assessment theories; technologies; and cutting-edge tools and methodologies;
- Responsible for departmental success through timely and accurate roll-out of processes and programs; ongoing management practices; organizational policies and procedures; and interdepartmental team building as necessary;
- Assume the maximum level of decision making-authority and associated risk for the activities of the Certificate Assessment Department;
- Oversee the management of department staff, programs, workflows, and projects in appropriate areas, including test development, test maintenance, content development, customer support, and volunteer support for subject matter experts at all levels, including Councils, Committees, Task Forces and Working Groups;
- Work closely with relevant educational websites, or other like portals, to leverage existing educational content to build educational, training and certification programs that meet organizational strategies;
- Monitor the daily activities of the department project managers, leads and staff assuring assigned staff are receiving training, professional development, mentorship, and performance evaluation to maximize potential and investment, and create a team-oriented environment;
- Assume the primary responsibility in the forecasting, determining, setting and monitoring departmental budget allocations required to meet organizational strategic objectives while maintaining a strict adherence to the Board-approved budget and financial policies, and monitoring financial trends to allow for strategic adjustments to assure maximum ROI;
- Provide guidance and accountability to Councils, Standing Committees and/or Staff Committees to assure effectiveness and accomplishment of tasks or charges;
- Assure department meets ongoing requirements for best practices in exam development, volunteer management, certificate assessments, and educational development. Where appropriate, ensure compliance with organizational ANSI-ISO 17024 accreditation standards through existing and evolving policies and procedures;
- Maintain familiarity of Inteleos staff policies and the functions of each Inteleos department and serve as a positive role model and mentor/coach for all staff and external parties.
- Master’s Degree or Equivalent, in Education, Education Administration or Business;
- Minimum of five years of experience in direct supervision and leading a department with multiple staff;
- Minimum of five years of experience in leading startup programs or organizations; use of lean development strategies a plus
- Minimum of three years of experience in educational development in multiple formats, including technology-enhanced educational development.
Required Qualifications/ Skills
- Extensive knowledge developing, implementing and maintaining educational programs using industry standard learning design theory including e-learning and community building.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in the business of assessments
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience implementing enterprise use of Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Comprehensive knowledge of research and development practices, models, and best practices
- Comprehensive knowledge of business and people management principles, theories and concepts in the work field, strategic planning, and resource allocation/modeling/leadership techniques
- Working knowledge of psychometrics and cognitive measurement
- Demonstrated ability to use collaborative and consensus-building management techniques to lead departmental staff, cross-departmental projects, vendors, and subject matter experts in remote and in-person settings
- Superior project management, interpersonal, organizational, and customer service skills
- Capable of analyzing problems rigorously and from all angles, showing sound practical judgment
- Ability to think strategically and tactically, to both provide strategic guidance and execute growth strategies and projects
- Consistent attention to detail and follow-through skills
- Demonstrable superior verbal, written and collaborative skills to correspond with multiple audiences, including executives, Boards/Councils, external contacts and staff teams
- Ability to maintain positive attitude under stressful conditions and work towards building and maintaining a positive multi-cultural environment throughout the organization
- Proficiency with budgeting and financial management
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and ability work in other software environments including learning design tools.
- Accountable – taking ownership of your work and delivers results. Being responsible for your actions.
- Collegial – being helpful, respectful, approachable and team oriented. Building strong working relationships and a positive work environment. Consider the thought and opinions of others.
- Ethical/Integrity -employee is honest and trustworthy when working with colleagues, volunteers, and other stakeholders. Lead by example.
- Committed to:
- Creating the global standard of excellence in healthcare and patient safety
- Excellence – Strive to excel in everything you do
- Quality – Taking the initiative, extra time, care and vigilance to get the job done right
- Continuous Learning
- Have a Positive “Can-do” Attitude- being ready, available and willing to get the job done and done well
- Works under executive guidance, with considerable latitude in determining work objectives.
- Engages in and monitors decision-making process or problem solving on complex issues, often in ambiguous contexts, that typically require new and creative solutions. Demonstrates high level of independent leadership.
- Contributes to the development of overall strategic objectives of Inteleos.