Overall Position Purpose:
This position exists to coordinate elements of the planning and execution of internal and external meetings and events under the general guidance of the Manager, Meetings & Events.
- Assist in the logistics planning and execution for internal and external company meetings/events including, but not limited to:
- Organizational Governance (Board of Director, Council, and Committee meetings)
- Cross-Division (Department) Programmatic Initiatives (Item Development Workshops, Item Writer Training Events, Regional Item Writer/Trainings, Compliance meetings);
- Arrange the procurement of contracts associated with meetings/events and help to monitor that contractual obligations are met/upheld for all meeting/events;
- Assist in compiling financial data, drafting of financial reports and the development of the annual budget(s) to support meetings/events;
- Collaborate in the development and reporting of post-meeting event reports;
- Coordinate the development and dissemination of meeting/event communication to internal and external stakeholders;
- Facilitate the ordering, coordinating, and managing of materials for meetings and events;
- Serve as a resource to staff, volunteers and vendors in support of meeting/event activities;
- Serve as on-site support for select meetings/events and occasionally serve as lead for on-site and local events;
- Maintain and update internal and external website content pertaining to meetings and events;
- Perform thorough, independent research regarding meetings and events as needed; and
- Maintain processes/procedures as required for organizational ANSI accreditation.
- Bachelor’s Degree, certification or equivalent required in related field and
- Minimum of two years of related experience in an office environment, preferably in meetings and events.
- Moderate knowledge of meeting/events planning.
- Exceptional project management knowledge, organizational skills and the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and change course as required.
- Ability to conduct research, analysis, and prepare data reports.
- Demonstrated skill in writing concise, logical and grammatically correct letters and reports.
- Strong collaboration and communications skills.
- Basic understanding of budgeting principles and expenditure tracking.
- Consistent attention to detail and follow-through skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively, efficiently, and professionally with individuals at all levels of the organization as well as external contacts.
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor under demanding conditions.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Database knowledge preferred.
- Accountable – taking ownership of your work and delivers results. Being responsible for your actions.
- Collegial – being helpful, respectful, approachable and team oriented. Building strong working relationships and a positive work environment. Consider the thought and opinions of others.
- Ethical/Integrity -employee is honest and trustworthy when working with colleagues, volunteers, and other stakeholders. Lead by example.
- Committed to:
- Creating the global standard of excellence in healthcare and patient safety
- Excellence – Strive to excel in everything you do
- Quality – Taking the initiative, extra time, care and vigilance to get the job done right
- Continuous Learning
- Have a Positive “Can-do” Attitude- being ready, available and willing to get the job done and done well
- Works under general supervision with broadly defined work objectives.
- Makes decisions of some complexity regarding work design, projects, etc., which regularly impact the next organizational layer and may impact an organizational function.
- Work projects and products are subject to management review for content, quality and appropriateness.
- Incumbent generally has no formal supervisory responsibility, though they may provide regular work direction to other employees.