Overall Position Purpose:
This position exists to ensure that Inteleos examinations are published on-time and according to identified standards of excellence. This position will provide comprehensive management of the entire examination development process, including quality assurance for assigned examination programs.
- Manage the project details, tasks, and timelines for the development and deployment of multiple medical imaging certification assessment programs;
- Work with testing staff to ensure a seamless flow between item development, form building, quality
control checks, content review, final form review, form publishing, and data analysis;
- Maintain a close relationship with Assessment Committee SMEs and other volunteers;
- Develop and successfully execute project plans for specified exams; these plans will include exam roll-out schedules, Job Task Analysis, Standard Setting, Practice Exams, writing projects, editing needs, item review workshops, volunteer trainings, calibration of results, and all other components of building and publishing exams;
- Work with outside vendors, testing staff, and volunteers to ensure that each exam meets content outline and style guide requirements;
- Anticipate item and test development needs for assigned examination programs and build multi-year plans to meet those needs;
- Coordinate efforts concerning the assigned exam programs across the organization;
- Communicate consistently with key staff and volunteer subject matter experts (SMEs) by sharing updates, opportunities and anticipated challenges; this includes monthly calls with SMEs, and providing summary information and talking points for meetings and events;
- Work with Manager, Test Development to develop and adhere to exam budgets;
- Represent Inteleos at events within the specialties of exams for which they are responsible;
- Ensure item databases are meticulously maintained and conform to approved guidelines;
- Stay current with trends and statistics relating to the assigned examination programs including exam volumes, pass rates, potential competitors, etc., and initiate organizational action, if necessary;
- Ensure volunteer SMEs within assigned specialties receive the support they need;
- Work with testing team and other staff to ensure all Inteleos meetings and events are productive and engaging for our volunteers;
- Work with Assessment Committee volunteer SMEs to develop succession plan recommendations;
- Comply with directions and instructions from Manager, Test Development and Director of Testing and perform tasks and assume responsibilities as assigned; and
- Maintain and follow processes/procedures as required by ANSI for organizational accreditation
- Bachelor’s Degree, Certification, or equivalent required (English, Education, Project Management preferred)
- Experience in Education and/or Assessment preferred
- Project Management Certification (PMP) desirable; and
- One to three years of experience in a similar function
Required Qualifications/ Skills
- Superior project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively, efficiently, and professionally with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated skill in writing concise, logical, and grammatically correct letters and reports
- Consistent attention to detail
- Ability to inspire and motivate staff and volunteers
- Good public speaking skills
- Ability to coordinate efforts and work flow with staff members from all levels and departments of the organization
- Strong collaboration skills with ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to maintain positive attitude under stressful conditions
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite
- Accountable – taking ownership of your work and delivers results. Being responsible for your actions.
- Collegial – being helpful, respectful, approachable and team oriented. Building strong working relationships and a positive work environment. Consider the thought and opinions of others.
- Ethical/Integrity -employee is honest and trustworthy when working with colleagues, volunteers, and other stakeholders. Lead by example.
- Committed to:
- Creating the global standard of excellence in healthcare and patient safety
- Excellence – Strive to excel in everything you do
- Quality – Taking the initiative, extra time, care and vigilance to get the job done right
- Continuous Learning
- Have a Positive “Can-do” Attitude- being ready, available and willing to get the job done and done well
- Works under general supervision with broadly defined work objectives.
- Makes decisions of some complexity regarding work design, projects, etc., which regularly impact the next organizational layer and may impact an organizational function.
- Work projects and products are subject to management review for content, quality and appropriateness.
- Incumbent generally has no formal supervisory responsibility, though they may provide regular work direction to other employees.