Overall Position Purpose:
This position exists to provide psychometric services in development and implementation of psychometric procedures and analyses, ensuring the veracity of data, validating analytical methods and results in support of Inteleos’ mission and needs overseen by the Director of Psychometrics.
- Plan, coordinate and perform psychometric analyses for certification and assessment programs; this would include item calibration, equating, linking and scaling of tests using classical test theory and/or item response theory (IRT);
- Apply advanced knowledge of psychometric methods and statistical procedures and their applications (e.g., WINSTEPS, R, SPSS, SAS);
- Select items for all exam forms based on the psychometric qualities of items and in compliance with the test content outline; score windowed exams and create score tables; pre-equate on-demand exam forms and create score tables;
- Run and maintain timely item and exam statistics for windowed and on-demand exams ensuring their accuracy; monitor key psychometric indicators on all examinations;
- Design and implement adequate quality control measures and ensure accuracy of deliverables;
- Develop, implement, evaluate and refine standard in-house psychometric procedures;
- Design, perform and ensure accuracy of classical and IRT item analyses, equating studies, sampling plans, and special statistical analyses;
- Prepare, facilitate, participate and support technical needs in activities related to standard setting;
- Author psychometric and technical documentation that comprehensively summarize the details of an assessment program that are in compliance with Testing Department’s policies and procedures; and
- Maintain ANSI processes/procedures as required for organizational accreditation.
- Ph.D., Ed.D., or ABD in measurement and testing or related field, and
- One year of full-time work experience in measurement and testing or a closely related field.
Required Qualifications/ Skills
- Demonstrated experience in classical test theory, item response theory (IRT), and statistical data analyses;
- High level computer literacy, with extensive skills in designing, running and interpreting analysis using SPSS, WINSTEPS, and R;
- Demonstrated experience in data management;
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively, efficiently, and professionally with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated skill in writing concise, logical and grammatically correct letters and reports
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Consistent attention to detail
- Ability to maintain positive attitude under stressful conditions
- Strong organizational communication and collaborative skills
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Accountable – taking ownership of your work and delivers results. Being responsible for your actions.
- Collegial – being helpful, respectful, approachable and team oriented. Building strong working relationships and a positive work environment. Consider the thought and opinions of others.
- Ethical/Integrity -employee is honest and trustworthy when working with colleagues, volunteers, and other stakeholders. Lead by example.
- Committed to:
- Creating the global standard of excellence in healthcare and patient safety
- Excellence – Strive to excel in everything you do
- Quality – Taking the initiative, extra time, care and vigilance to get the job done right
- Continuous Learning
- Have a Positive “Can-do” Attitude- being ready, available and willing to get the job done and done well
- Works under general guidance with considerable latitude in determining work objectives.
- Makes decisions of considerable complexity regarding work design, projects, or business issues which are mostly ambiguous, which have a medium or short-term impact on a significant organizational function and may occasionally impact Inteleos as a whole.
- Work projects and products are subject to management review for content, quality and appropriateness.
- Incumbent may have some formal supervisory responsibility or provide regular work direction and/or technical oversight to others.