Overall Position Purpose:
This position provides psychometric and statistical services for Inteleos certification examination programs. The primary responsibilities shall include performing psychometric and statistical analyses using software such as SPSS, R, and WINSTEPS, as well as generating both routine and ad hoc psychometric outputs, analyses, and reports. The Statistical Data Analyst will work under the general guidance of the Director of Psychometric Services.
- Perform both routine and ad hoc psychometric and statistical analyses for Inteleos;
- Develop, modify, and continually evaluate scripted, statistical procedures concerning critical exam data;
- Verify that all test scores are accurate and published in a timely manner;
- Assist subject-matter expert group facilitation through the psychometric processes in developing valid and defensible passing standards and content outlines;
- Work with Testing staff and volunteers to ensure test development processes are followed and understood;
- Identify and propose improvements to both psychometric and quality management procedures;
- Construct exam forms using psychometric processes while coordinating with Testing Department staff;
- Provide quality control for all vital exam statistics and test-taker data; and
- Maintain and follow processes/procedures as required by ANSI for organizational accreditation.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in measurement and testing, psychology, industrial/organizational psychology or a related field; and
- At least one year of applied experience in a related field
Required Qualifications/ Skills
- Ability to identify and propose testing process improvements
- Public speaking and meeting facilitation skills
- Ability to both see big picture and be highly detail oriented
- Demonstrated experience in classical test theory and statistical data analyses
- Demonstrated experience in experimental design and conducting applied testing research
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively, efficiently, and professionally with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated skill in writing concise, logical and grammatically correct letters and reports
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to maintain positive attitude under stressful conditions
- Strong organizational communication and collaborative skills
- High level computer literacy, with extensive skills in running and interpreting SPSS, R, and WINSTEPS software
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Accountable – taking ownership of your work and delivers results. Being responsible for your actions.
- Collegial – being helpful, respectful, approachable and team oriented. Building strong working relationships and a positive work environment. Consider the thought and opinions of others.
- Ethical/Integrity -employee is honest and trustworthy when working with colleagues, volunteers, and other stakeholders. Lead by example.
- Committed to:
- Creating the global standard of excellence in healthcare and patient safety
- Excellence – Strive to excel in everything you do
- Quality – Taking the initiative, extra time, care and vigilance to get the job done right
- Continuous Learning
- Have a Positive “Can-do” Attitude- being ready, available and willing to get the job done and done well
- Works under general supervision with broadly defined work objectives.
- Makes decisions of some complexity regarding work design, projects, etc. which regularly impact the next organizational layer and may impact an organizational function.
- Work projects and products are subject to management review for content, quality and appropriateness.
- Makes decisions of some complexity regarding work design, projects, etc., which regularly impact the next organizational layer and may impact an organizational function.
- Incumbent generally has no formal supervisory responsibility, though they may provide regular work direction to other employees.
The incumbent will work at a desk in an office environment or an approved remote location. Travel and evening and weekend work will be required. There are minimal requirements to lift or move equipment.
This description is intended to provide an overview of the responsibilities of the position. It is not all-inclusive and an incumbent in the position will be expected to perform other duties as required. The responsibilities may change over time. This description is provided for informational purposes only and does not form the basis of a contract.