Every October, the American Registry for Diagnostic and Medical Sonography (ARDMS) joins its companion Council, the Alliance for Physician Certification & Advancement™ (APCA™), and many other sonography organizations to celebrate Medical Ultrasound Awareness Month (MUAM). MUAM is a joint effort of the Society for Diagnostic and Medical Sonography (SDMS), American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM), American Society of Echocardiography (ASE), Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI), Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (SDMS), and Society for Vascular Ultrasound (SVU).
2020 and 2021 both have been challenging years for sonographers, and we would like to lighten things up a bit by celebrating MUAM with a photo submission campaign. Find important information about this year’s photo submission campaign below:
Who can participate?
- You must be an active ARDMS Registrant or a sonography student.
How do I enter the photo submission campaign?
- Take a photo of yourself and/or your colleagues celebrating ultrasound awareness month.
- Submit your photo to ARDMS by October 31, 2021.
- Share the photo on social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter) and use the hashtag, #MUAMARDMS21. If you do not have social media, you can still participate.
What are the criteria for the photo?
You must follow all of the rules, in order for your photo to be considered for this year’s photo submission campaign. The photo you submit should:
- Celebrate ultrasound awareness
- Demonstrate creativity and originality
- Be engaging and eye-catching
- Do not include personal information or images of patients
Optional: If you would like to, please share what you’ve learned about yourself as a sonographer over in 2020 and 2021.
How is the winner selected?
- When you submit your photo, you will be entered to win a $500 gift card.
- The winner will be announced the first week in November.
If you have questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
"*" indicates required fields