The American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography® (ARDMS®) was incorporated in June 1975 as an independent, nonprofit organization for sonography professionals. Our mission is to promote quality care and patient safety through the certification and continuing competency of ultrasound professionals.
We administer examinations and award the following credentials:
• Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer® (RDMS®)
• Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer® (RDCS®)
• Registered Vascular Technologist® (RVT®)
• Registered Musculoskeletal™ Sonographer (RMSKS™)
• Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation® (RPVI®)
• Registered in Musculoskeletal® (RMSK®) sonography
Our credentials have been awarded to over 90,000 medical professionals worldwide and are recognized as the international standard in sonography credentialing.
ARDMS credentialing programs (RDMS, RDCS, RVT, and RPVI) are accredited by the prestigious ANSI-ISO 17024 accreditation for certifying bodies from the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). Accreditation is granted through the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
Check out the following links to learn more about us:
• Board of Directors
• ARDMS Trademarks
• Careers at ARDMS