Because educators shape today’s students into tomorrow’s ultrasound professionals, ARDMS continually looks for ways to support their work. Below, you’ll find a full list of the current programs and resources we offer.
While we hope no Sonography program is affected by the virus, it is understandable that clinical attendance may be disrupted, and a plan should be in place. We trust programs will do their best for their students to minimize disruption and ensure ability to complete clinical competencies and program requirements.
We will work with programs and their students as needed to ensure students aren’t penalized for world events outside of their control. Situations will be reviewed and managed on a case by case basis, as we have in the past for individuals impacted by hurricanes, natural disasters and other devastating events. This is and has always been our policy.
These are unprecedented times so while there are currently no exceptions to the prerequisite requirements, ARDMS will continue to monitor the COVID-19 outbreak and will update these guidelines and/or policies as warranted.
CAAHEP Accredited Programs:
The ARDMS Prerequisite 2 has no hourly and/or specific clinical competencies requirement from the ARDMS perspective. However, questions regarding what is necessary for a student to graduate should be directed to the JRC-DMS as the accreditation body.
For additional information on how ARDMS is responding to COVID-19, please click here.
An ARDMS School Report provides you with a list of candidate names who took and passed an examination, the examination each of the candidates took during the dates specified and the credential earned by each listed candidate.
To request a free school report for a current program and programs that you have completed in the last three years, visit our School Report page and follow the directions provided.
We now offer a Paperless Application Program to all students that apply under the Prerequisite 2 pathway. This exciting program includes time-saving benefits for CAAHEP and CMA Program Directors.
As a Program Director, you can submit students’ verification documentation electronically, rather than by mail, and enjoy on-demand access to ARDMS School Reports for students who use the program. For steps on how to access the Paperless Application, click here.
To help support your educational programs, please find application resources below:
• Pre-Application Criminal Act: Learn more about how a criminal act can impact a students’
• Application and Exam Resources: View and request materials to aid students in applying for
• Prerequisites & SPI Examination Requirement: Access eligibility, requirement and prerequisite
• Prerequisite and Requirement Eligibility Program (PREP): Currently, we are working on updating
the program and page to better meet your needs.
• Sonography Principles and Instrumentation (SPI) Examination: Find everything you need to
know about the SPI exam.
• Examination Development, Scoring, & Security: Learn more about how we develop, score and
secure ARDMS exams.
• CME Providers: Find free and for a fee CME providers.
Notes for Educators is an e-newsletter that provides you with the relevant information you need to prepare individuals to become competent sonographers and vascular technologists.
- Notes for Educators Summer 2020 (pdf format)
- Notes for Educators Spring 2020 (pdf format)
- Notes for Educators Winter 2020 (pdf format)
- Notes for Educators Fall 2019 (pdf format)
- Notes for Educators Summer 2019 (html format)
- Notes for Educators Spring 2019 (html format)
- Notes for Educators Winter 2019 (html format)
- Notes for Educators Fall 2018 (html format)
- Notes for Educators Summer 2018 (html format)
If you are interested in copies of past issues, please email EducatorResources@inteleos.org.
Please note: Educator Webinars are currently on hold.
ARDMS’ quarterly webinar series provides sonography educators with an interactive way to dive deeper into the topics covered in the quarterly Notes for Educators newsletter.
All webinar participants are invited to submit questions prior to each webinar, which will last approximately one hour.
All Notes for Educators subscribers will automatically receive registration information for each webinar. If you have not yet subscribed, Sign-up here. Please note, these webinars do not qualify for any CMEs.
ARDMS has developed PowerPoint presentations that educators can use when discussing ARDMS. They include:
• Discover ARDMS
• ARDMS Application Overview
• ARDMS Examination Security
The presentations are the property of ARDMS and can only be used in an educational setting; they cannot be distributed.
To request one, two or all three presentations, please email EducatorResources@inteleos.org.
Earlier this year, ARDMS launched Real Talk Sonography – a five-part video series that looks at sonography through the stories, insights and emotions of real 20+ sonographers.
We encourage you to share these videos with your students so they may learn more about the community they’ve joined. We hope they will offer insight into this “secretive club” of amazing healthcare professionals!