ARDMS offers a Paperless Application Program to all students that apply under the Prerequisite 2 pathway.
This program benefits both students and educators (specifically CAAHEP or CMA Program Directors):
• Students whose Program Directors use the program may now apply for their specialty examination(s) up to 60 days prior to
• Program Directors can submit students’ verification documentation electronically.
• Program Directors have on-demand access to ARDMS School Reports for students who have been added to a paperless application form. Please remember, there must be at least three students on the form for a school report to be available.
The Paperless Application Program is only available for the ARDMS on-demand examinations: (Abdomen (AB), Adult Echocardiography (AE), Breast (BR) – for CMA-accredited programs only, Obstetrics & Gynecology (OB), Sonography Principles and Instrumentation (SPI), and Vascular Technology (VT).
- Log on to your MY ARDMS/MY APCA account.
- Choose the Paperless Application Program option under the Educators Corner tab.
- Click Submit New Form.
- Fill in the requested information and submit the application. Your students will receive an email from ARDMS letting them know that they have been added to a paperless application form and it will include the date they may begin applying for their approved specialty examination(s).* Please remind your students not to submit the online application prior to receiving the eligibility email as this will cause delays in processing.
At the completion of your program, please update students’ graduation statuses. Any students who have passed the appropriate examinations to earn a credential will be awarded that credential within a week after the graduation information is updated. They will receive their welcome package within 4 to 6 weeks after the credential is awarded.
View the paperless application visual guide.
For more information on ARDMS credential requirements, please visit Examinations and Credentials.