What happens if you fail the CME Audit? If you fail the CME Audit and have not completed the Procedure for Reinstatement steps below by April 30, 2022, your credential(s) will be revoked. Once revoked, you will have until August 1, 2022 to complete the Procedure for Reinstatement and have your credential(s) reinstated. After August 1, 2022, your credential(s) will be permanently revoked and:
- You will no longer be a registered ARDMS sonography professional;
- You cannot represent yourself as an ARDMS Registrant regarding ARDMS credential(s), including any misstatement of fact about being ARDMS certified in any specialty, to current, future employers or others;
- You will no longer be included in any listing of ARDMS Registrants, and your name will be listed as “no longer certified” on the ARDMS website;
- You will not receive any of the standard ARDMS privileges and benefits;
- You can no longer display your ARDMS credential(s), certificate(s), including digital badges; and
- Continuing to represent yourself as certified is prohibited and such unauthorized activity may result in you being subject to a compliance review, in addition to being responsible for the payment of all attorney’s fees incurred by ARDMS in our efforts to compel you to refrain from any unauthorized use of ARDMS credential designations.
Please note: As part of CME Reinstatement you must send copies of 40 ARDMS-accepted CMEs if your original requirement was 30 CMEs or 80 ARDMS-accepted CMEs if your original requirement was 60 CMEs. The CMEs must be earned within your three-year CME period and received in the ARDMS office by the August 1, 2022 deadline. For example, if you completed your first credential in 2018, you must show documentation for 40 (or 80) ARDMS-accepted CMEs completed between the date you earned your first credential in 2018 and December 31, 2021.* View ARDMS.org/CME to make sure you have the correct type of CMEs for your credential(s).
* For the 2021 CME Audit, you may submit CMEs earned through April 30, 2022 rather than December 31, 2021.
1. Submit copies of the required number of CMEs earned within your three-year CME period* to be received by the August 1, 2022 deadline. You must send 40 ARDMS-accepted CMEs if your original requirement was 30 CMEs or 80 ARDMS-accepted CMEs if your original requirement was 60 CMEs. CME documentation (certificates) must include the following information.
• Your ID number (handwritten entries are acceptable)
• Pre-printed date(s) of courses or activities (handwritten entries will be denied)
• Pre-printed names of ARDMS-approved provider organization(s) (e.g., General Hospital and
Medical Center) and ARDMS-approved sponsoring organization(s) (e.g., AMA cat.1, ASRT cat. A
and A+, ASUM, CMECmte–CMA, CSDMS, CSVS, SDMS, SVU; list is subject to change; view CME
Providers (handwritten entries will be denied).
• Pre-printed title of courses or activities (handwritten entries will be denied)
• Number of credit hours awarded (handwritten entries are acceptable)
2. Pay the $150 USD CME audit appeal fee online by logging in to your MY ARDMS account.
3. Upload the required CME documentation into your CME Bank in your MY ARDMS account.
Reinstatement documentation received after the August 1, 2022 deadline will be automatically denied. ARDMS will notify you in writing regarding the determination of your reinstatement.
If you are notified of audit failure and believe an error occurred in ARDMS’s recording of your CMEs, please notify us in writing, including proof of your claim. Please send your statement of explanation and supporting documentation to be received within 10 business days of receipt of official audit failure notification to: CMEauditappeal@Inteleos.org.