What happens if you fail CME Audit? You are eligible for CME Reinstatement if you submit documentation and pay the $150 CME Audit reinstatement fee by August 1, 2020. Otherwise, your credential(s) will be permanently revoked and:
• You will no longer be a registered ARDMS sonography professional;
• You cannot represent yourself as an ARDMS Registrant with regard to ARDMS credential(s), including any
misstatement of fact about being ARDMS certified in any specialty, to current or future employers or others;
• You will no longer be included in any listing of ARDMS Registrants, and your name will be listed as “no
longer certified” on the ARDMS website;
• You can no longer display your ARDMS credential(s) and certificate(s); and
• You will not receive any of the standard ARDMS privileges and benefits.
Please note: As part of CME Reinstatement you must send copies of 40 ARDMS-accepted CMEs if your original requirement was 30 CMEs or 80 ARDMS-accepted CMEs if your original requirement was 60 CMEs. The CMEs must be earned within your three-year CME period and received in the ARDMS office by the August 1, 2020 deadline. For example, if you completed your first credential in 2016, you must show documentation for 40 (or 80) ARDMS-accepted CMEs completed between the date you earned your first credential in 2016 and July 31, 2020. View ARDMS.org/ CME to make sure you have the correct type of CMEs for your credential(s).
1. Submit copies of the required number of CMEs earned within your three-year CME period and by the August 1, 2020 deadline. You must send 40 ARDMS-accepted CMEs if your original requirement was 30 CMEs or 80ARDMS-accepted CMEs if your original requirement was 60 CMEs. CME documentation (certificates) must include the following information.
• Your ID number (handwritten entries are acceptable)
• Pre-printed date(s) of courses or activities (handwritten entries will be denied)
• Pre-printed names of ARDMS-approved provider organization(s) (e.g., General Hospital and
Medical Center) and ARDMS-approved sponsoring organization(s) (e.g., AMA cat.1, ASRT cat. A
and A+, ASUM, CMECmte–CMA, CSDMS, CSVS, SDMS, SVU; list is subject to change; view CME
Providers (handwritten entries will be denied).
• Pre-printed title of courses or activities (handwritten entries will be denied)
• Number of credit hours awarded (handwritten entries are acceptable)Reminder: Please send copies — do not send the original certificates, and keep copies of all CME
documentation for your personal file.
2. Pay the $150 USD CME audit reinstatement fee by enclosing your check or money order made
payable to ARDMS or log in to your MY ARDMS account and pay with a credit card.
ATTN: CME Audit Reinstatement
1401 Rockville Pike, Suite 600
Rockville, MD 20852-1402 USA.Affix the proper postage so your documentation and payment are received by the August 1, 2020 deadline. If you send your documentation using certified mail, you will receive a delivery receipt.
Reinstatement documentation received after the August 1, 2020 deadline will be automatically denied. ARDMS will notify you by means of postal mail regarding the determination of your reinstatement. Reinstatement determinations will not be released by means of phone, fax or email.
If you are notified of audit failure and believe an error occurred in ARDMS’s recording of your CMEs, please notify us in writing including proof of your claim. You must submit the letter and documentation within 10 business days of receipt of official audit failure notification to:
Attn: Audit Appeals
1401 Rockville Pike, Suite 600
Rockville, MD 20852-1402, USA