NOTE: If you are already Registered with ARDMS and wish to earn an additional credential or specialty, please go to Get Certified, select the examination you wish to take and refer to the Re-applicant section found under Overview.
Once you are ready to apply for an ARDMS examination, follow the steps below:
- Log in to MY ARDMS and choose the “Apply for an Examination” option.
- Complete the online application form and submit payment. If you are a first-time applicant, you are required to choose a prerequisite under the prerequisite chart under which to apply. See Prerequisites & Eligibility Requirements below.
- Gather the required supporting documentation.
- Submit your supporting documentation for receipt within 21 days of applying online. You may do this by mail or by submitting through MY ARDMS. Do not submit documentation prior to submitting your application as it will be discarded. Review of your application can take up to five business days from receipt of documentation in the office.
For more details, please visit Get Certified to select the specialty examination you wish to apply under.
Once we have reviewed your information, we will email you with either an Examination Confirmation Letter (ECL) or a request for additional documentation. When you receive the ECL, you may contact Pearson VUE to schedule an examination appointment during your eligibility period. The eligibility period will be available on your ECL.
If you are found ineligible to take the examination, your application will be partially refunded (less the $100 USD processing fee per examination) and your documentation will be mailed back to you.
To retake an examination you did not pass, please refer to the specific examination under Get Certified.
• Application Submission Checklist ARDMS
• Examination Switch Form Application
• Submission Checklist ARDMS
• View Test Center Locations
• Test Center Identification Requirements
• Five-Year Rule
• Examination Development Process
• Exam Score Verification Form
• GI Reimbursement for U.S. Armed Forces Veterans