ARDMS is currently accepting, processing and approving applications. Pearson VUE our test vendor is open and operating, however at limited capacity and locations. Please visit the ARDMS COVID-19 page for additional details.
Once you are ready to apply for an ARDMS examination, follow the steps below:
- Log in to MY ARDMS and choose Apply Online under the Application Center
- Complete the online application form and submit payment. If you are a first-time applicant, you are required to choose a prerequisite under the prerequisite chart under which to apply.
- During the application process you will be required to attest that you have read, understood and acknowledge the following:
*Note: After reading the Confidentiality Agreement, you will be given two response options – “I Agree” and “I Do Not Agree.” Should you choose the “I Do Not Agree” option, you are not agreeing to the terms of the Confidentiality Agreement and as such you will not be able to proceed with the application process.
- Gather the required supporting documentation.
- Submit your supporting documentation for receipt within 21 days of applying online by uploading it into your MY ARDMS account. Review of your application can take up to five business days from receipt of documentation in the office.
For more details, please visit Get Certified to select the specialty examination you wish to apply under. Once we have reviewed your information, we will email you with either an Examination Confirmation Letter (ECL) or a request for additional documentation. When you receive the ECL, you may contact Pearson VUE to schedule an examination appointment during your eligibility period. The eligibility period will be available on your ECL. If you are found ineligible to take the examination, your application will be partially refunded (less the $100 USD processing fee per examination) and documentation originals will be mailed back to you.
To retake an examination you did not pass, please refer to the specific examination under Certifications and Examinations.
- Once approved, schedule and sit for your examination(s).
- The required examinations for the desired credential and confirmation of your passing scores by ARDMS, the credential will be awarded. At that time, you may:
- Access your credential information in the Directory of Registrants
- Print a Status Verification letter in MY ARDMS
- Print a Temporary ID Card (if applicable) in MY ARDMS
- Within 4 – 6 weeks, you will receive a Welcome Package with your printed certificate and information regarding your new credential. You will also receive a digital badge, or digital version, of your credential that you can share on social media.
- Celebrate your success – you earned it!
For additional information on how to share your new credential, click here.
• ARDMS Examination Tutorial Videos
• Application Submission Checklist ARDMS
• Examination Switch Form Application
• Submission Checklist ARDMS
• View Test Center Locations
• Test Center Identification Requirements
• Five-Year Rule
• Examination Development Process
• Exam Score Verification Form
• GI Reimbursement for U.S. Armed Forces Veterans