ARDMS is making a new video and we want you to be in it!
Earlier this year, ARDMS launched Real Talk Sonography – a five-part video series that looks at sonography through the stories, insights and emotions of real 20+ sonographers. But they are only a fraction of our community!
We are making another video and want to include you! Do you have a patient that you’ll never forget? What was your defining moment? Would you choose sonography again… and again… and AGAIN!? Join the conversation by submitting your own video that builds on one of the episodes featured below.
To submit your video for consideration, please complete this form and attach your video. Please keep in mind that inclusion will be dependent on content and video quality.
Tips for a great video:
- Pick a well-lit room or be adventurous and find a fun spot outside! Either way, be sure the space you choose is quiet and free of distractions.
- Stabilize your camera (prop it up on a table or something study; extra points if you have a tripod!) so that it doesn’t move while you’re recording.
- Frame your shot – be sure to stand 2 to 3 feet away from the camera.
- Try to keep your video to no more than 2 ½ or 3 minutes in length.
- Avoid including identifying details (patient name, hospital, city, state, etc.) when sharing a story. Be mindful of HIPPA laws!
- Video file format: mp4, mov, mts, m2ts (video recorded with a smart phone would meet the file requirements)
Video Release Schedule (click the title below to view)
• Introduction Video (January 29, 2019)
• Episode 1 – In three words, what does sonography mean to you? (February 5, 2019)
• Episode 2 – If your sonography career were to end tomorrow, what would you be most proud of? (March 5, 2019)
• Episode 3 – Is there a patient that you’ll never forget? (April 2, 2019) *
• Episode 4 – What was a defining moment in your career? (May 7, 2019)
• Episode 5 – If you had to do it over again, would you choose this career? (June 4, 2019)
We interviewed over 20 sonographers, skipping the small talk in favor of real talk. We asked questions about their profession and its impact on their lives. We delved into defining moments and patients they would never forget, for better or worse. What started out as a single video quickly developed into several as we watched the interviews and realized that the stories, insights and emotions displayed could never adequately be shared in 3 minutes. *
The interviews affirmed that sonography is more than just a transducer and sound waves. It’s long hours, it’s constant learning, it’s innovative technology and advances, it’s musculoskeletal pain from being in the same position day after day, it’s teaching students and guiding the future of sonography but most of all, it’s patients. It’s listening to, comforting and supporting each patient that comes in, caring for them as if they were family.
For our Registrants, we hope these videos will encourage you to pause for a moment and reflect on how you would respond. We also hope you will be inspired to share with us your own #RealTalkSonography video! If you decide you are interested in submitting a video, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can reach out to you once the information is available.
For those unfamiliar with sonography and would like to learn more about it, we hope these videos will offer insight into this “secretive club” of amazing healthcare professionals!
*Some content may be difficult for sensitive viewers. Viewer discretion is recommended.