Maintenance of Certification (MOC) improves patient care by ensuring continuous lifelong learning and professional development throughout your sonography career. MOC gives your employers, patients and co-workers confidence in the ongoing value of your ARDMS credentials. There are four components to ARDMS MOC:
Renewal Fee – Pay the annual renewal fee by December 31 of each year
Attestation – Attest to ARDMS rules and compliance policies annually
Note: Starting with 2018 renewals (September 2017), renewals are now paperless. ARDMS no longer accepts mail-in payments for renewal fees. Pay your renewal fee and attest online by logging on to MY ARDMS
Earn CMEs – Earn your minimum required number of continuing medical education (CME) credits during your 3-year CME period.
Recertification - Take self-evaluation survey and pass the on-line open-book proficiency assessment every 6 years.*
Maintaining your ARDMS certification helps you demonstrate up-to-date knowledge and core clinical skills throughout your career.
Tools and resources:
• Upload your CMEs to the ARDMS CME Bank (optional)
• Manage your personal information and maintain your certification with MY ARDMS
• Review the CME Audit Process if you are randomly selected for an audit
• Complete a recertification assessment every six years*
• Visit Registrant Support for additional information
*Registrants earning a specialty in 2017 or after recertify every six years. See Recertification page for additional information.