The AB examination contains 170 questions that cover the following content areas. All percentages are an approximate distribution of the questions across the content areas.
AB Content Outline (Please click on "AB Content Outline" for the detailed Content Outline in PDF-Printable format).
Anatomy & Physiology [30%]
• Normal anatomy and physiology
• Perfusion and function
• Abnormal perfusion and function
• Abnormal physiology
• Congenital anomalies
• Postoperative (surgically-corrected) anatomy
Patient Care [3%]
• Infection control
Integration of Data [8%]
• Incorporate outside data (Clinical assessment, Health & Physical [H&P], Lab values)
• Clinical standards and guidelines
• Measurement techniques
• Imaging instruments
• Sonographer role in procedures
• Managing medical emergencies
• Traumatic injury
Please note: All percentages are approximate.
Your score report will display and include performance feedback for these content areas.