You will be considered a Re-applicant for the AB examination:
• If you were previously approved to sit for any of the following Sonographer-level
1. Abdomen (AB)
2. Obstetrics and Gynecology (OB/GYN)
3. Breast (BR)
4. Fetal Echocardiography (FE)
5. Pediatric Sonography (PS)
6. Adult Echocardiography (AE)
7. Pediatric Echocardiography (PE)
8. Vascular Technology (VT)
• If you were previously approved to sit for the SPI examination under a
prerequisite (excludes approval of the SPI examination under the SPI Examination
Applying as a Re-applicant:
• If you have a current AB Clinical Verification (CV) Form on file, you will need to submit
the application and examination fee only. The application will automatically
be approved and you will be able to schedule within a day.
• If you do not have a current AB CV Form on file, you will need to submit the application,
the examination fee and a current AB CV Form. To access your active CV Form, please log
into MY ARDMS and click on “Clinical Verification Form" under "Application Center."
You must wait 60 days before you can retake the AB examination if you do not pass it however, you are welcome to reapply after 3 days.