The BR examination contains 170 questions that cover the following content areas. All percentages are an approximate distribution of the questions across the content areas.
BR Content Outline (Please click on "BR Content Outline" for the detailed Content Outline in PDF-Printable format).
Anatomy and Physiology [18%]
• Normal anatomy and physiology
• Perfusion and function
• Abnormal perfusion and function
• Benign vs. suspicious
Patient Care [5%]
Integration of Data [15%]
• Incorporate outside data (Clinical assessment, Health & Physical [H&P], Lab values)
• Reporting Results
• Clinical standards and guidelines
• Measurement techniques
• Imaging instruments
• Interventional procedures
• Intraoperative procedures
• Sonographer role in procedures
• New technologies
Please note: All percentages are approximate.
Your score report will display and include performance feedback for these content areas.