The OB/GYN examination contains 170 questions that cover the following content areas. All percentages are an approximate distribution of the questions across the content areas.
OB Content Outline (Please click on "OB/GYN Content Outline" for the detailed Content Outline in PDF-Printable format).
Anatomy & Physiology [32%]
• Normal anatomy and physiology
• Perfusion and Function
• Abnormal perfusion and function
• Adnormal physiology
• Congenital anomalies
• Pelvic adnormalities
• Placental abnormalities
Integration of Data [7%]
• Incorporate outside data (Clinical assessment, H and P, Lab Values)
• Reporting results
• Serial studies
• Clinical standards and guidelines
• Measurement techniques
• Non-sonographic techniques
Physics & Instrumentation [9%]
• Imaging instruments
• Sonographer role in procedures
Please note: All percentages are approximate.
OB Content Outline (Effective Fall 2016)
Your score report will display and include performance feedback for these content areas.