Earning CMEs is an integral component of maintaining your ARDMS credential(s) and demonstrates your ongoing commitment to lifelong learning, quality patient care, and safety.
WHICH CMES ARE ACCEPTED?
The following organizations meet the requirements of the ARDMS Accepted Continuing Education Evaluation Model System (AACEEMS) Checklist and provide accepted CMEs.
• Australasian Society For Ultrasound in Medicine (ASUM)
• American College of Nurse-Midwives (ACNM) (OB/GYN CMEs only)
• American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM)
• American Society of Echocardiography (ASE)
• Society for Vascular Ultrasound (SVU)
• Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (SDMS)
• American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT) Category A & Category A+
• Sonography Canada (Formerly known as Canadian Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
• American Medical Association (AMA) Physicians Recognition Award , Category I which includes but is not limited to:
– Institute for Advanced Medical Education (IAME)
– SonoSim, Inc.
• Canadian Society for Vascular Surgeons (CSVS)
• Hospital Authority Institute of Health Care (HAIHC), Hong Kong
WHAT'S NOT ACCEPTED?
• Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT)
• Category 2
• Nursing Category A Credits
• Category B Credits
• College Credits
• CPR Certification
• Contact Hours
• Listing of CME credit hours without signature of approved provider/sponsor
This list is not all-inclusive. If unsure, email email@example.com .
WHERE CAN I GET CMES?
Visit CME Providers for a list of companies and organizations as an informational source only. ARDMS does not review or endorse these or other sources of CME information. Registrants seeking CME credits should ensure in advance that ARDMS accepts the provider of the particular activity by viewing ARDMS’ list of accepted CME providers above.
WHAT SHOULD BE ON THE CME CERTIFICATE?
CME documentation (certificates, etc…) MUST accurately reflect, at minimum, the following:
• Your full name; handwritten entries are acceptable.
• Your ID number; handwritten entries are acceptable.
• Pre-printed date(s) of courses or activities (must be reflected as MM/DD/YYYY); handwritten entries
will be denied.
• Pre-printed names of ARDMS-approved provider organizations (e.g. General Hospital and Medical
Center) and ARDMS-approved sponsoring organizations; handwritten entries will be denied.
• Pre-printed title of courses or activities; handwritten entries will be denied.
• Number of credit hours awarded; handwritten entries are acceptable.