You will be considered a Re-applicant for the PE examination:
•If you were previously approved to sit for any of the following Sonographer-level specialty examinations:
1. Abdomen (AB)
2. Obstetrics and Gynecology (OB/GYN)
3. Breast (BR)
4. Fetal Echocardiography (FE)
5. Pediatric Sonography (PS)
6. Adult Echocardiography (AE)
7. Pediatric Echocardiography (PE)
8. Vascular Technology (VT)
• If you were previously approved to sit for the SPI examination under a prerequisite (excludes
approval of the SPI examination under the SPI Examination Requirement)
Applying as a Re-applicant:
• If you have a current PE Clinical Verification (CV) Form on file, you will need to submit the
application and examination fee only. The application will automatically be approved and
you will be able to schedule within a day.
• If you do not have a current PE CV Form on file, you will need to submit the application, the
examination fee and a current PE CV Form. To access your active CV Form, please log
into MY ARDMS
and click on "Clinical Verification Form" under "Application Center."
You must wait until the next administration to retake the PE examination if you do not pass it.