Download your RMSKS Prerequisites guide below. Select a prerequisite that best meets your education and clinical experience.
The MSKS examination assesses basic ultrasound-related musculoskeletal knowledge and skills. By earning the RMSKS credential, healthcare professionals gain a critical edge in promoting public safety in musculoskeletal sonography.
A separate musculoskeletal-sonographer examination written by and for sonographers, the RMSKS™ credential is part of a larger initiative to expand and customize the MSK ultrasound assessments within the medical community.
Benefits of Certification
When you achieve ARDMS certification, you:
• Represent the highest standard in the field
• Communicate a commitment to patient care and safety
• Increase your career opportunities
• Gain visibility and credibility in the field
• Reassure patients and employers that you are committed to excellence in Sonography
How to Earn Your Credential(s)
The MSKS examination is a windowed examination. Therefore, it is only offered during select periods of the year. Refer to the “Schedule” tab for upcoming dates.
Once you are ready to apply for an ARDMS examination, follow the steps below:
- Log in to MY ARDMS and choose the “Apply Online” option.
- Complete the RMSKS online application form and submit payment. If you are a first-time Applicant, you are required to choose a prerequisite under which to apply.
- Gather the required supporting documentation.
- Submit your supporting documentation for receipt within 21 days of applying online.
Review of your application can take up to five business days from receipt of
documentation in the office.
For more details, please visit the ARDMS How to Apply Guide.
Need More Information?