Apply for an Examination
Effective May 15, 2013, ARDMS will no longer retain application documentation received prior to receipt and payment of the on-line application. Any documentation received prior to the completed on-line application will be discarded.
Important Testing Center Update
- At the test center, you must present two current, valid signature IDs, one of which must be a non-expired government-issued photo ID with your signature; see the accepted list of IDs here.
- The name on this application must EXACTLY MATCH the name on both current, valid signature IDs.
- Jane R. Doe and Jane Rachel Doe DO NOT EXACTLY MATCH.
- Failure to present two acceptable IDs will prevent your admission to the test center. If this happens, you will be marked absent and you will forfeit the entire examination fee and seat.
- If the names do not EXACTLY MATCH, update your ARDMS name of record.
- A candidate is NOT ALLOWED to leave the testing center to obtain their ID’s, and the candidate is NOT ALLOWED to have someone bring them their ID’s while they wait at the testing center.
- All IDs presented at the testing center must be issued in the English language.
You must wait a minimum of 72 business hours after failing an examination to reapply for the same examination to permit time for your most recent examination scores to be processed. Additionally, you must wait 60 days before you can retake an examination that you did not pass*.
Apply online for AB, AE, BR, FE, NE, OB/GYN, PE, VT and SPI: Fill out, pay for and submit your ARDMS application on-line...
Apply online for the RPVI credential: Fill out, pay for and submit your ARDMS application on-line...
Apply online for the RMSK credential: Fill out, pay for and submit your ARDMS application on-line...
Guides for Applying: Provides information necessary to apply online for and take an ARDMS examination...
Documentation Requirements: Application checklist, clinical verification forms, foreign transcript evaluation information and more...
*The 60 day rescheduling policy does not apply to the MSK examination. For more information, review the RMSK How to Apply Guide.