The FE examination contains 150 questions that cover the following content areas. All percentages are an approximate distribution of the questions across the content areas.
FE Content Outline (Please click on "FE Content Outline" for the detailed Content Outline in PDF-Printable format).
Anatomy and Physiology [25%]
• Normal anatomy and physiology
• Perfusion and function
• Organ development
• Abnormal perfusion and function
• Congenital anomalies
Patient Care [5%]
• Infection control
Integration of Data [15%]
• Incorporate outside data (Clinical assessment, Health & Physical [H&P], Lab values)
• Reporting Results
• Clinical standards and guidelines
• Measurement techniques
Physics & instrumentation [20%]
• Imaging instruments
• Managing medical emergencies
Please note: All percentages are approximate.
Your score report will display and include performance feedback for these content areas.