Update: March 2019:
The ARDMS recertification program remains paused as of March 2019. ARDMS is aware that Registrants are eager for a definitive update about recertification. We can confirm that the recertification program will not include retaking the initial credentialing examination. The sonographer volunteer leaders of the Recertification Task Force and the ARDMS governance Council are working diligently to evaluate new and innovative recertification program ideas that:
• Reinforce the high professional standards associated with ARDMS Registrants
• Strengthen the sonography profession;
• Reconfirm current-day knowledge;
• Sustain the value of the credentials; and
• Uphold your commitment to quality care and patient safety.
The ARDMS Recertification Task Force will provide its next update in June 2019. Thank you.