The PE examination contains 150 questions that cover the following content areas. All percentages are an approximate distribution of the questions across the content areas.
PE Content Outline (Please click on "PE Content Outline" for the detailed Content Outline in PDF-Printable format).
Anatomy & Physiology [16%]
• Normal anatomy and physiology
• Organ development
• Abnormal pathology (acquired)
• Abnormal physiology
• Congenital anomalies
• Genetic disorders
• Postoperative (surgically-corrected) anatomy
• Clinical standards and guidelines
• Measurement techniques
• Non-sonographic techniques
Physics & Instrumentation [2%]
• Imaging instruments
• Interventional procedures
• New technologies
Please note: All percentages are approximate.
SPI Content Outline (Effective Fall 2016)
Your score report will display and include performance feedback for these content areas.