Read the important information below for scheduling and taking your examination online.
Thank you for your interest in taking the ARDMS SPI examination online. You will be taking your examination through OnVUE, Pearson VUE’s secure online proctoring service that provides you with a more convenient option for taking your examination. By taking your examination online, you do not have to travel to a Pearson VUE testing center. To successfully take the SPI examination online read the information below:
How to Test Your System and Schedule Your Online Examination through Pearson VUE.
- Before your examination it is imperative that you ensure that you can meet all of the system requirements for your computer, workspace, and internet connection before scheduling your examination.
- For all information related to how to create your account, test your system, and schedule your examination visit Pearson VUE’s OnVUE site.
- The system test will take 5 to 10 minutes to complete. To successfully run a system test be prepared to:
- Take a selfie and a picture of your I.D. with your cell phone.
- Ensure your workplace is clear of any objects, unplug additional monitors and computers and make sure your walls or whiteboards are clear of any type of writing. For a complete list of workspace requirements, review our Online Examination Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
- Not following the workspace guidance could cause your exam to be canceled and you would forfeit your examination fees.
What To Expect During Your Examination
- Be patient when taking your examination online.
- Check-in may take 30 minutes.
- No news is good news, you may not interact with your examination proctor if there are no issues.
- Using the “raise your hand” feature could result in extended wait times. The most efficient way to communicate with your proctor is through chat.
- While you are waiting for your examination, you will have to sit at your desk where your proctor can see you.
- For more information on what to expect on examination day, read our What To Expect On Examination Day Guide.
Getting Your Examination Results
- After the examination, it may take up to one hour to receive an email with instructions for how to receive your examination results.
- When your examination ends there are no further actions you need to take.
Additional Important Resources
If you have read the information above and still have questions regarding taking the SPI examination, please review the following resources:
- What To Expect On Examination Day Guide
- Online Examination Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Online Testing Accommodations FAQs
If you need additional guidance, please reach out to our Customer Care team at Customercare@inteleos.org.