1. What online proctoring?
Effective November 10, 2020, Inteleos will offer online proctoring for examinations. Online proctoring is not currently available for other ARDMS or APCA examinations. Online proctoring will allow you to take an examination online from a home or office setting using an internet connection, webcam, microphone, and Pearson VUE’s OnVUE software. Using this software, your online testing session will be monitored live and recorded by a test proctor using enhanced security features.
Please note online proctoring is not available in the following countries:
- North Korea
- Syrian Arab Republic (Syria)
- Sevastapol/Crimea region of Ukraine
- South Korea.
2. Can I take any examination online?
No, please find a list below of the examinations you can currently take online.
- Sonography Principles and Instrumentation
- Fetal Echocardiography
- Pediatric Sonography
- Pediatric Echocardiography
- Musculoskeletal Sonography
3. I already have my examination scheduled at a Pearson VUE test center. Can I change my examination to online proctoring?
Yes. You can change your examination to online proctoring if you are more than 96 hours away from your scheduled examination appointment. Note that if you already have your examination scheduled in a test center and would like to switch to Online Proctoring (OP), you must cancel your test center appointment then schedule your OP appointment. Keep in mind you may get the same date and/or time.
4. Do I have to take my examination via online proctoring?
You may still choose to take your examination through the traditional method of testing at a test center. The online version and the testing center version contain the same examination content and question format.
5. Is there an extra charge for online proctoring?
No. The application fee is the same whether you choose to take your examination at a test center or online. There is no additional international testing fee for online examinations.
6. When can I schedule and take an online proctored examination?
Once you receive your examination confirmation letter, you can schedule your online proctored examination by visiting the Pearson VUE site just like you were taking it at a test center. For more information on how to schedule and take your examination, check out Pearson VUE’s OnVUE Testing Video below.
7. What are the technology and physical testing space requirements for taking the examination through online proctoring?
We strongly recommend testing on a personal computer. Do not take your examination in a setting with a corporate firewall (including VPN) or alert your Network Administrator to the network configuration requirements. Work computers generally have more restrictions that may prevent successful delivery.
You need to review the Pearson VUE technical requirements to ensure your device is able to be used for testing. Before registering for an online examination, it is important that you complete the required system check on the same computer and location from where you plan to take your examination. If you fail to do so, you will forfeit the right to file an examination appeal based on internet connectivity issues.
Physical space requirements
- You must take the examination in a well-lit, walled room that is free from disruption with a closed door. The lights must remain on for the duration of the examination.
- No other individuals are allowed in the room during your testing session.
- You should have a clean desktop and not have books, notepads, post-it notes, papers, pens, pencils, or other writing instruments within arm’s reach.
- Additional monitors must be unplugged and additional computers must be turned off.
- Items on the wall such as wall art, pictures, and posters must not be relevant in any way to examination content.
- Not following the workspace guidance could cause your exam to be canceled and you would forfeit your examination fees.
8. Can I still take my examination via online proctored delivery if my system does not pass the system test?
No. You should not register for online proctored delivery if your system does not pass the system test. You should schedule your examination at a test center.
9. Can I receive special accommodations if I take the examination via online proctoring?
To provide an optimal testing experience for Candidates, only certain accommodations are available. Please review the ARDMS Online Testing Accommodations Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for more information.
10. Are there any differences in the examination delivered via online proctoring and the one taken at a test center?
If you have taken an examination at a Pearson VUE test center, you will find that there are some differences to the testing experience, which are highlighted below:
Examination Taken At Pearson Vue Test Center Examination Taken Through Online Proctoring
Taken on candidate -supplied device (e.g. laptop) X
Delivered in a controlled testing environment X Candidate photo taken X X
Requires the taking of photo or scanning of candidate testing area. X
Monitored by a live proctor throughout the duration of the examination. X X
Unscheduled breaks allowed. X Proctor can intervene and/or stop examination for policy violations and cheating. X X
Same day result. X X
Printed examination results report. X
11. Are online proctored examinations secure?
Inteleos is committed to protecting the integrity of our examinations, regardless of whether they are delivered in a test center or through online proctoring. When you take your online examination, a secure browser will be installed that enforces rigorous safeguards. A trained and certified Pearson VUE proctor will monitor you at all times during your online examination via webcam and microphone. Footage of examination sessions will be reviewed in cases where cheating is suspected.